Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1st gen newbie check-in

2K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  HoneyBadger 
Yep, looks pretty much bone stock. Check for rust in the gas tank, and there is usually sludge in the fuel filter if it's been sitting that long.

Having gone through it now, the #1 thing this bike needs imo is updated front brakes

How much? Prices seem to be creeping up, saw a red one on cycletrader recently

Hmmm, compression is high enough in this engine to require 93 as far as I know, I think your tuner is on drugs

160-165 is about average and yeah plenty for the street with a bike this light. Aftermarket air filter would probably net you a few more ponies

As far as I know the exhaust valve goes wide open at about 9k rpm, vets here would know for sure

I came from a '21 S1000RR and unless I'm at the very top of the rpm band I don't feel lacking in power at all, this thing is an animal

Rear cowlings/seat covers are hard to find (new, or even decent used) - you can try here KAWASAKI All Models: Custom Parts for 356 models from classic to the latest - Webike

Make sure you look up the part number for the whole assembly with mounting brackets, not just the cowl piece e.g. 16146-0022-725 (last 3 digits is paint code) 2005 Kawasaki NINJA ZX-10R (ZX1000-C2) Seat | Babbitts Kawasaki Partshouse

Also call before you order...many will list something in stock on a website and they don't actually have it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.