Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just got my ivans tre in the mail yesterday and my pc is actin up. will i be ok if i install it on my 05 10 ? and will i benefit from it even tho my pc took a crap ? all helpfull info will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
What do you mean your PC is acting up? I'm not all that familiar with Ivans but you shouldn't need a PC to use it and should still get benefits from having the TRE installed.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean your PC is acting up? I'm not all that familiar with Ivans but you shouldn't need a PC to use it and should still get benefits from having the TRE installed.
well my pc took a dump on me so its not workin at the moment & i have a brandnew ivans tre i just received in the mail. just wonderin if i could still install it without messin anything up & will i benefit from it without havin a pc on my bike.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You should notice more power throughout your first few gears. From what I understand is that the TRE fools the computer into thinking its in 6th gear. So it has no need to retard your timing even though you are in the lower gears.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You should notice more power throughout your first few gears. From what I understand is that the TRE fools the computer into thinking its in 6th gear. So it has no need to retard your timing even though you are in the lower gears.
oh ok thx for the info :thumbsup: just wondering bc most of the people on here with TRE's have a pc on there bike but i will be installin it later this week and will let you know how it goes and wat i think after :mrgreen:

Here is a recent thread that's similar to your question.

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=94344
thx for the link man :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Last word from the manufacturers of the GiPro is he said you can install them in whatever order you want since they are "independent" of each other.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey guys i didnt know you have to take off the airbox which is a PITA when installing a TRE on a 1st gen. is it any other way to install the TRE without havin to remove it ?

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
hey guys i didnt know you have to take off the airbox which is a PITA when installing a TRE on a 1st gen. is it any other way to install the TRE without havin to remove it ?
Nope, thats your easiest way to get to the plug. It's not as bad to get out as many people here say. I was dreading it after all the talk here, until I actually did it. Now it wasn't the easiest, but it wasn't all that bad.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope, thats your easiest way to get to the plug. It's not as bad to get out as many people here say. I was dreading it after all the talk here, until I actually did it. Now it wasn't the easiest, but it wasn't all that bad.
yea ive had it off once but i guess i be takin it off again :mrgreen: but thx for the info.

·
Registered
242 Posts
i just got off of the phone with a rep from IVANS. He told me that i needed to have a power commander in order to run the TRE on my bike or else it would run extremely rich which kinda contradicts what everyone is saying in the beginning of this post.

any comments??

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i just got off of the phone with a rep from IVANS. He told me that i needed to have a power commander in order to run the TRE on my bike or else it would run extremely rich which kinda contradicts what everyone is saying in the beginning of this post.

any comments??
yea thats exactly wat they told me on the phone. thats why i posted this thread to see if anybody else can share some input.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Yea i kinda jumped in and got one myself. I understood the principals behind the TRE and what i percieved the benefits to be. I however went back and did some reading from posts long ago, back in 04 and 05 to get more information about it. I really didnt like what i read to be honest, and now im thinking i may not install it. Seems like with a tune it may work how i want it, but otherwise i kept reading how it softens the throttle response. Granted that is what it is designed to help, but i like my choppy aggressive throttle, i really dont care to "soften" up my bike. I think im either going to sell it or wait until i am ready for a pcIII and custom tune before i install it.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts

any comments??
Are they referring to running rich at idle or all together? The GIpro one is an ATRE which I think is different than the IVANS TRE. I thought the difference being the ATRE will make the bike run like it should when at idle because with just a TRE you will end up with a rough idle.

I did the same research the poster above did digging back through old posts and never found definite information. I think that's part of the reason why I sold mine without ever installing it.

In another thread I think Magicmavis is doing some testing with his before & after the dyno to get some clear cut answers for us.

·
Registered
242 Posts
ok thanks for the input guys. sounds like ill hold off until i get a pcIII for this upgrade

1 - 17 of 17 Posts