Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am noticing on ebay and even sales on this forum everyone is missing the Wire Mesh and I didn't see it on RonAyers.com as well...if you have one can you post what year 2004 or 2005 I am trying to find out what is up :badteeth::dontknow:

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My fan has a mesh: 2004.

Thanks Mr. El Z. .....I just paid a member $30 for one another on ebay for $35 for a 2nd Gen one,.... only bought the 1st Gen one because someone on this site confirmed a 2nd Gen FAN won't mount the same. :badteeth: :dontknow: yet need to take the bike down to confirm.

Anyway you would think this subject has come up before but I don't recall it....is it possible ONLY the 1st GEN 2004s NOT 2005 ZX10Rs have a Wire Mesh and RonAyers.com has been Banned from Showing it for SALE? ...curious minds want to Know. :dontknow:

Bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a piece of pic from BikeBandit:
2004:

2005:
Good stuff looks like Ronayers is using 2005 ZX10R fiche to sell to 2004 owners....does BikeBandit have an order # for the Mesh?

Thanks,

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good stuff looks like Ronayers is using 2005 ZX10R fiche to sell to 2004 owners....does BikeBandit have an order # for the Mesh?

Thanks,

bloo

never mind El Z...it's Assembly but at least they show it on their Fiche. :badteeth::dontknow:

Anyone else want to confirm a 2004 is the ONLY ZX10R with a Wire MESH around the Radiator FAN? :badteeth:

Bloo

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bloo my '04 also has a mesh shroud around the fan.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bloo my '04 also has a mesh shroud around the fan.
Thanks for Confirming Bud I think I am on to something NO ZX10R has a Mesh around the FAN unless it's a 2004 and some Selling sites are not reporting that selling Fan Assemblies as a Gen 1 2005 NOT 2004 models....all others prove me wrong I want to be wrong this time. :heyyou: :lol:

Bloo

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I've owned two 2005 10Rs and NEITHER had this mesh around the radiator fan! Bought the first off the showroom floor, and the second, from a bud with 860 miles..

Is it really a necessary piece?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've owned two 2005 10Rs and NEITHER had this mesh around the radiator fan! Bought the first off the showroom floor, and the second, from a bud with 860 miles..

Is it really a necessary piece?
Not sure Bud but it seems this is becoming FACT ONLY the 2004 has the Mesh does it help don't know but like the protection of rocks back firing into my FAN and Radiator I suppose. :badteeth::dontknow: ...anyhow thanks for confirming more it may be a 2004 only Model thing.:dontknow:

Bloo

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
I'm not sure about the 2004/2005 issue, but none of the later models have it for obvious reasons. Having the mesh there will limit the air flow through the fan and reduce it's efficiency. The only reason to have it is to prevent debris from getting in there. But that's unlikely due to it's location. Given a choice between one with the shroud or one without, I'd go with the later shroud-less design.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure about the 2004/2005 issue, but none of the later models have it for obvious reasons. Having the mesh there will limit the air flow through the fan and reduce it's efficiency. The only reason to have it is to prevent debris from getting in there. But that's unlikely due to it's location. Given a choice between one with the shroud or one without, I'd go with the later shroud-less design.

I can't argue that I have been having Heat issues ever since the bike racked up miles, the Radiator got dings and the bike lets face it has miles on it......with that said the MESH is the Sh*T dang it looks so much better but again who cares about that I have heat issues.

I received a 1st Gen Fan today from a member and confirmed a 2nd Gen ZX is not the same as a 1st Gen I hope to get time this weekend to install and do the 2 Fan Install on the 1st Gen bike the picking point I suspect will be how much or how easy is the fairing mods going to be needed. :badteeth::dontknow:

Bloo

·
Registered
99 Posts
It was probably attached as a safety concern.:dontknow:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts