Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the pan i have on the bike is cut but they didnt put a drain plug. is this common?

i just got taking the pan off and have made a mess everywhere. please tell me that i am not going to have to do this every time i change my oil.

do you guys have drain plugs in yours? if so where at?

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Usually they are relocated so that they are not on the bottom.

Seeing that you actually took yours off, it would be hard for you to miss the plug... so yea it sounds like your going to have to drop yours every time you change the oil. That sucks... hard... real hard...

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
every bike i have ever owned had the drain plug at the bottom/rear of the oil pan, it would be worth looking into getting a stock oil pan to save you the PITA of dropping this one each and every time to change the oil........unless it's mainly a strip bike?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i might have to have one put in. cause yeah this shit is for the birds but i wanted to pull it off since my clutch is shot just to make sure there is nothing in the pan

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
^^^ that does suck man BUT you could more than get your cash back for a stock oil pan by selling the shaved one on here to a dragger.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:hello: uh i dont think that would be a good idea seeing that my bike make about 10-20 passes every week

just giving you crap man. but the sole purpose of this bike is a drag bike that i can still ride every day

·
Registered
842 Posts

This is mine relocated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts