Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 zx10r my springs are lose and rattle on back of my clutch gear can anyone tell me the specs on the length of the springs or where to buy new ones along with rivets

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
958 Posts
Ebc clutch spring kit is easy enough to find on line. Think Brock's makes one too. Super cheap and easy to do the work

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
958 Posts
My bad. Yeah never had to replace those and don't remember if they were kinda lose or not so can't tell you. Thing is, I don't see them really going bad. But if they do most likely an entire clutch replacement would be in order. Do you have the manual? If you don't, download it from the forum. Use the search function. Then go through and find the part number and see if you can just order it from one of the dealers is your best shot. Next would be eBay..

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,333 Posts
Those springs aren't replaceable. Or at least that was never the intent. They are used for shock absorption when transferring the load to the engine. Depending on how many times that's happened and the severity of that, they will wear out. That would typically require the whole basket to be replaced as an assembly since there's no specs on them. If you want to try replacing them yourself, count the coils on them, measure the opening length, and measure the diameter of them. Then just find something that size. The spring force they produce will be hard to figure out though.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
958 Posts
Those springs aren't replaceable. Or at least that was never the intent. They are used for shock absorption when transferring the load to the engine. Depending on how many times that's happened and the severity of that, they will wear out. That would typically require the whole basket to be replaced as an assembly since there's no specs on them. If you want to try replacing them yourself, count the coils on them, measure the opening length, and measure the diameter of them. Then just find something that size. The spring force they produce will be hard to figure out though.
That's kinda what I was thinking, it shouldn't be too hard to match spring force though. Think you could remove one and hang it. Add a weight and see how much weight it took to move it x distance then go from there but idk never had to actually try. I know there are ways to measure spring force biggest issue is that if they are worn out, obviously the force is not the one you want to match. Even if they are worn out, if they still work at all they will still do thier job. But yeah replacing the clutch as a whole minus the plates is probably the ideal thing and might as well do the plates too. No reason not to unless you just did that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts