Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do i need to fit a 1st gen clutch and parts into a 4th gen?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's that simple just basket and plates or do I need more?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have talked to 2 dealers there is nothing called a "clutch kit" for oem.i have to order individual parts.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
The 'Kit' is typically a set of friction plates and a set of steel plates... some clutches will throw in the odd friction or steel thickness to keep it interesting. Some OEM kits even get a judder spring, and some with new pressure plate springs (and I highly recommend at least new, if not stronger springs in almost any OEM clutch).... but at the end of the day you just need the friction & steel plates. If the 'Kit' in question includes those yer good to go.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 'Kit' is typically a set of friction plates and a set of steel plates... some clutches will throw in the odd friction or steel thickness to keep it interesting. Some OEM kits even get a judder spring, and some with new pressure plate springs (and I highly recommend at least new, if not stronger springs in almost any OEM clutch).... but at the end of the day you just need the friction & steel plates. If the 'Kit' in question includes those yer good to go.
Okay so thats kind of what i was thinking.i looked at the blow up from the 1st gen and it uses the same part numbers for the friction plate and steels just a different combination of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.