Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I took my 05 to Rockingham dragway yesterday to make some 1/4 mile passes. It was the first time running my bike in the 1/4. I knew my bike was going to have trouble keeping the front wheel down so I installed some adjustable lowering links and a lowering strap in the front.
The only mods on my bike are
-secondarys removed
-bmc air filter
-gutted stock exhaust
-lowered
-Factory pro velocity stacks
-mirrors removed

My best pass was a 9.6 142mph. My fastest pass was a 9.7 144mph. I beat a lowered busa with a full system by at least 4-5 bikes. I also beat a gsxr 1000 that was stretched with a full system by a few bikes. I was really surprised. I would have been happy with a 9.99. the 9.6 et made my night.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
9.6? That is fast bro congrats!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9.6? That is fast bro congrats!
Thanks man. I was stoked. I also forgot to mention I was only running 87 octane because we have a fuel crisis here and no one had 93. I did buy some race gas at the track before my last 2 runs but I think it actually made me slower because I was running back to back 9.7s. When I put the race gas I couldn't get below a 9.8.

·
Registered
344 Posts
good job:thumbsup: 87 fuel will go the best for pump fuel

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
wow man, you have a great natural skill for drag racing given its your first time those numbers kick ass!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a random guy come up to me and ask what all I had done to the bike. He couldnt believe it was almost stock and running 9.6. When I got done at the track and was riding home my clutch started slipping real bad so I need a clutch. I think I was pretty hard on the clutch.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Yeah 9.6 for an almost stock 10 is a great time....something for me to shoot for if I ever make it to the drags. What RPM did you launch at? Do you know where on the track you were done slipping the clutch and could stay WFO? Also, what were your 60 footers?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was launching at about 7-8K. I slip the clutch a good ways down the track because of the stock gearing. I dont let the clutch all the way out until maybe the 60ft mark. I have some video of a few runs, I just have to figure out how to get them on the computer.. or have someone elso do it.
these are some of my best times
r/t- .188
60'- 1.635
330- 4.204
1/8- 6.291
mph- 117.14
1000- 8.102
1/4- 9.655
mph- 142.84

r/t- .247
60'- 1.650
330- 4.281
1/8- 6.379
mph- 116.97
1000- 8.194
1/4- 9.743
mph- 144.71

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Thanks for posting up the numbers...hopefully the vids too? :thumbsup:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
I had a random guy come up to me and ask what all I had done to the bike. He couldnt believe it was almost stock and running 9.6. When I got done at the track and was riding home my clutch started slipping real bad so I need a clutch. I think I was pretty hard on the clutch.
give dewayne a call at cycle concepts and pick up the "race pak" for $150. kenny popell and others swear by it.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I was launching at about 7-8K. I slip the clutch a good ways down the track because of the stock gearing. I dont let the clutch all the way out until maybe the 60ft mark. I have some video of a few runs, I just have to figure out how to get them on the computer.. or have someone elso do it.
these are some of my best times
r/t- .188
60'- 1.635
330- 4.204
1/8- 6.291
mph- 117.14
wow thats pretty decent haha, looks like i shoulda got a strap and kept trying 6.29 is nasty

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Nice times bro. :thumbsup: Give Dwayne at Cycle Concepts a call and he will hook you up with a great clutch pack.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will check them out because I need a clutch asap. Clutch slips really easy now, like as soon as I give it gas in any gear.
I finally got a video uploaded. Only 3 runs were filmed. Stupid gixxers with nitrous and carbon fiber wheels :fu2:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LQZQkYCW9Ys&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LQZQkYCW9Ys&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
^^^ :thumbsup: ^^^ :cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
1.6 60's is some serious numbers, awesome job. You say it was your first time on that bike but I am guessing that was not the first time for you at a drag strip??

And 87 will get you better performance compared to 93 if your not pinging on 87 that is the way to go.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Awesome times :thumbsup: Very impressive :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have been to the 1/8 mile before but this is my first time running the 1/4 mile. I have only had my 10r for 2 months so I haven't put a lot of miles on it but enough to be comfortable on it.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
good job:thumbsup: stock gearing you must be about 130pd

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I just can't grasp how someone could go this fast... I've seen it, so I know its true, I just don't understand it. I was -1 in the front and still best was a 10.4 @139:rolleyes:

Congrats :eek:ccasion1 better man than I :wink:

Chad:helmet:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts