Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a giPro ATRE for my 2005 10R awhile back, and have never been able to get the gear indicator to be accurate. After at least a dozen emails from Norbert at Healtech (the best damn support guy on the planet) trying to troubleshoot both the device and the bike to get it to work right (including exchanging the ATRE and harness) he was able to help me get it better, but still far from accurate.
Then :rolleyes: I decided to do a search here and see if anyone here had any ideas we hadn't tried.
No dice, but I did find after hours of sifting through posts that many, MANY 1st gen owners have had the same success with theirs as I have. Which is to say, it guesses at best and usually guesses wrong if it knows you changed gears at all. I think this may be due to the gear position sensor on the first gen sending sometimes wildly erratic and unstable voltage readings, the the giPro simply can't tell what gear it's actually in most of the time.

Concurrently, it seems the 2nd gen guys gear indicators almost without exception work flawlessly. I was under the impression that the 1st and 2nd gen drive train is nearly identical. I did what I think was a fairly exhaustive search here on gear position sensors, and didn't really turn up any info. My question- if you haven't figured it out yet- is, is there any way to retrofit a 2ng gen GPS onto a 1st gen?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Huh. 95% of the questions I've had about this bike over the last year I've found the answers to just by doing a search and a little reading on this site. I really figured if there was anyplace someone would know the answer to this it would be here? :dontknow:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts