Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to get my race license and hit the track next year.. Does anyone have a decent pair of 1pc Leathers size 48 they wanna let go of for a decent price or trade? My chest is approximately 46-48 and waist is 34 with a 30 inch inseam. I tried on a 46 which fit, but the arms were too tight and too uncomfortable.. And if you wanna trade, I got a kickass Lincoln invertec pro v-300 welder..

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Periodically check the for sale section and might pay to try the NESBA site and look for a racer getting rid of their suit.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Theres a "wanted/trade" section...you'll probably have better luck there

·
Registered
407 Posts
You are going to need a custom suit, esp if you wear a back and chest protector. Remember the suit needs to be fitted so that the armour stays in place were you to crash; and, it must not bind or restrict your movement on the bike. A 48/58 might fit you in the chest but the arms and legs will be too long. The mid section will not fit either. A 56 Taichi might work after shortening the legs. Taichi sizing is a fuller cut. Best of luck.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Check with Pilot and Syed. They're making custom suits for around th $700 range. You can't beat that - there's a HUGE difference between custom fit and off the shelf.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks fellas!!!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Check with Pilot and Syed. They're making custom suits for around th $700 range. You can't beat that - there's a HUGE difference between custom fit and off the shelf.
Have you used a pilot suit greg? i was thinking about picking one up

·
Registered
411 Posts
For Sale Section and Ebay (for a used set) is the place to look. I just bought a 1-piece Alpinestars set on here 2 weeks ago for a good price, that was a size 48 (not to rub it in), and i am very happy.....I also saw a size 50 up for sale on E-bay for $465 recently too that was brand new practically!

·
Registered
550 Posts
What brand of leathers did you try on? By your waist/chest measurements I think a 48 will be too big specifically in the waist. The 09/10 Teknic leathers i.e. Violator/Xcelerator have large stretch panels in the arms also look at the Speed & Strength Twist of Fate suit. Bottom line, try on several brands/models before you decide.

I have a MotoGP black/silver cow hide suit size US 48 (worn twice) and a red/grey Komodo Pro suit size 48 (worn for 1 season) both suits look/feel new. I could let either suit go for a reasonable price however I'm in Korea until Dec so if you can wait......

FYI, I'm 6'3", at the time I was using the suits I was 235-240 with a 38" waist both suits fit very well, the MotoGP has a slightly slimmer cut but still comfortable. Now I'm down to 210lbs/34" waist so the suits are big on me in the mid section.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What brand of leathers did you try on? By your waist/chest measurements I think a 48 will be too big specifically in the waist. The 09/10 Teknic leathers i.e. Violator/Xcelerator have large stretch panels in the arms also look at the Speed & Strength Twist of Fate suit. Bottom line, try on several brands/models before you decide.

I have a MotoGP black/silver cow hide suit size US 48 (worn twice) and a red/grey Komodo Pro suit size 48 (worn for 1 season) both suits look/feel new. I could let either suit go for a reasonable price however I'm in Korea until Dec so if you can wait......

FYI, I'm 6'3", at the time I was using the suits I was 235-240 with a 38" waist both suits fit very well, the MotoGP has a slightly slimmer cut but still comfortable. Now I'm down to 210lbs/34" waist so the suits are big on me in the mid section.
PM sent!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts