Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my girl decided that motorcycling isn't for her and wants to sell her bike. Its a 97 w/ only 4000 miles. In 99% mint condition minus a small crack on the right side where the people we bought it from had laid it over in the grass. Has fresh oil change and new spark plugs..... She is tryin to get 1400 for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
huh, my wife may just be in the same predicament. She has a 250 ninja also. I think for her, she's always wanted to ride since we met 16 years ago. Well, this last spring, she tok the MSF course, crashed, failed, re-took it, passed, and got her M1 motorcycle license. She has since gone on a 45 mile ride, and ridden once to the gym and back on her own. Now she's conquered that aspect of things, but I think a little fear is setting in, and knowing that it will take thousands of miles before she ever becomes a competent rider...I think she's kind of weighing all the stuff. I'll be keeping the 250 ninja regardless since I use it for going to visit her for lunch since it get's great mileage, and she's 21 miles away at work. But anyway...just felt like rambling, and sharing my wife's story. I'm happy now that she can now relate somewhat to what I feel on a bike. Maybe it will make her more understanding now when I ask to go for a ride/on a ride. So, I guess it was all worth it.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Good price for a nice looking bike. Sorry your girl gave up on riding. Mine is on/off....
Mine too. As a matter of fact she rocks a 97 600R that looks like this 250's big brother. Sporadic at best. And I am a firm believer in letting her decide on her own...honestly I get so paranoid when she rides with me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i am too. she just cant getinto it i guess. plus she said it hurts her ass... idk if she is makin excuses or what.. but im not gonna force her.. so simple solution is to get rid of bike. and if she wants to go she can go w/ me.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
yeah i am too. she just cant getinto it i guess. plus she said it hurts her ass... idk if she is makin excuses or what.. but im not gonna force her.. so simple solution is to get rid of bike. and if she wants to go she can go w/ me.
Yeah, now my GF wants me to pick up a cruiser for riding 2-up. I won't ride with her on the back of my 10 anymore...one time was enough of that nonsense! :badteeth:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i been lookin at cruisers as well. cant decide what rout i wanna go on that. used to have a harley back in the day but who knows anymore.... we'll have to see

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Yeah I will probably be picking up an '02 VTX 1800. It is HUGE and like riding a water buffalo. But I must admit it is very comfortable and good for 2-up...torque for days. Gotta wait till after the house we bid on is officially ours...then I will prolly pick her up. I am guessing the 600R will be sold soon-after. GL with the sale!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks man. hope it sells too. that makes one more room in my garage for another toy

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bike sold today. 1500 bucks. Now i need somethin else to put in the garage space

1 - 10 of 10 Posts