Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is this real??? I remember a zx-11 or zx-12 back in those days that was in the zx-7 chassis(limited production), could this be it???

I would love to find one...

I pulled this of a japanese website, maybe we never saw this bike...

LOOK @ THE TAIL SECTION STICKER ZX-12 ?????

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So they did make a big CC bike in the 7r platform, this is not just a houx

I remember back in 1993 when I had my first true sportbike (1989 ZX-7) I saw a guy who worked at a napa by my house with a bike that looked just like a 1992 ZX-7r but it was a solo tail and said ZX-11r if I remember correctly....

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
No, Kawi didn't stuff a bigger CC engine in the ZX-7 chasis. They made 2 versions--ZX-7R, and ZX-7RR....

Hard to read the picture you posted, but it looks like ZX-7R on the tail.... Just with out the | on the R....

Chris

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I agree maybe the picture is a zx-7rr thats blurry, but if I'm not going crazy which I am...:rolleyes:

I have seen with my own eyes back 1993 a ZX-10,11,or 12...

I can't remeber but it was 2 digits, maybe someone with a sticker shop playing jokes... HAHAHA:crackup:

Any way the hunt is on, maybe there is a canadian model or overseas model that we never saw...:headshake

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
g-note said:
Ok, I agree maybe the picture is a zx-7rr thats blurry, but if I'm not going crazy which I am...:rolleyes:

I have seen with my own eyes back 1993 a ZX-10,11,or 12...

I can't remeber but it was 2 digits, maybe someone with a sticker shop playing jokes... HAHAHA:crackup:

Any way the hunt is on, maybe there is a canadian model or overseas model that we never saw...:headshake

Old ZX10, this one has too many decals, there was a nice black version.

Almost bought a zxr-r 750. We had a leftover on the floor where I used to work.
Buy the time I could afford it back then, I bought a 900rr.
The zxr-r was a race bike with a tall 1st gear.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, I remeber those...

But the one I'm talking about looks the exact same as a zx-7r, but it has a little spoiler on the back and it is a big CC bike...

Side by side with the zx-7r the only thing different would be a decal and maybe a swingarm...

I talked to the guy @ wild west Kawi and he said they did make it overseas or in canada...

I'm just trying to get a picture of one....:dontknow:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I remember some of the last 750's having a "wing" spolier/ grab rail.

Never heard of the factory "7/12" would love to see some details though.
Sounds very collectable.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I looked through all the kawasaki bikes in the us. There was not a big bore bike built on the 750 frame

The 94 zx9 looks like a 750

There were GPZ1100 built in the mid 90's but they were modified zx11's for trouring.

I could be wrong though. I cant look at euro versions.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
g-note said:
Is this real??? I remember a zx-11 or zx-12 back in those days that was in the zx-7 chassis(limited production), could this be it???

I would love to find one...

I pulled this of a japanese website, maybe we never saw this bike...

LOOK @ THE TAIL SECTION STICKER ZX-12 ?????
You are seeing it incorrectly. It is "ZX-7R", not "ZX-12". In '93, there were 2 ZX-7's, the plain "ZX-7" and the homologation special "ZX-7R". tHE "R" had adjustable geometry, flatslides, etc. In '94, they dropped the "R"(?) and in '96 all "ZX-7s" became "R's"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts