Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks, k, so I just did a bunch of mods on my 1989 ZX10. Braided brakes, new levers and a Dynojet stage 1 jet kit. I have a 4 into 1 high flow exhaust and a K&N aftermarket airfilter (not the pod style) on it as well.

Question, I followed the instructions from dynojet and dropped the main jet from a 130 to a 128. Changed the needle and have the air screws set at 2 1/2 turns from being 'snug'. The outcome,,,,, it runs like garbage, spits, sputters, backfires.. its just embarasing to ride like this.

I will pull the plug and take a look but want to know if anybody else has jetted their bike and if so what size jet did you replace the main with. I was hoping the change would crisp up the throttle response a bit but definately didnt get that result, I can barely get the RPM over 4k....

:dontknow:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Did the kit come with height adjustable needles?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for anybody that is interested the update stands as I switched out the softer springs from the jet kit back to the stiffer stock ones and now she is running much much better. Still think its a bit lean so I am going to drop the needle clip 1 notch after work and will provide an update tomorrow.

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
last update for those that are interested. Moved the needle clip down 1 and took it for a drive. Not much different but a bit on the sluggish side so I put it back to the second slot. Adjusted the fuel mixture screws out 1/2 turn, seemed a bit better. Next in line is dropping a tooth on the front sprocket, playing with the timing and possibly degreeing the cams....

Stay safe guys and girls!!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
last update for those that are interested. Moved the needle clip down 1 and took it for a drive. Not much different but a bit on the sluggish side so I put it back to the second slot. Adjusted the fuel mixture screws out 1/2 turn, seemed a bit better. Next in line is dropping a tooth on the front sprocket, playing with the timing and possibly degreeing the cams....

Stay safe guys and girls!!!!
This was my first liter bike and it was awesome. Hope you get the bugs worked out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts