Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going through some pix last night and found some of my old Nighthawk.

How many of you had one of these and do you wish you still had it?

What did you like/dislike about it?

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
I didnt have a nighthawk s but i did have a 1982 650 nighthawk,it was my 1st 4cyl bike and i didnt think it could get any better than that until my dad bought his 1988 zx-10 then it was down hill from there

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Older friend had one like the picture below.
The first time I got to borrow my friend's interceptor 500, I was over there to go riding.
We did a roll on and I hit reserve at around 100mph and thought I killed my bud's ceptor.

Turned to reserve and it still took a while to prime and crank,

Eventually got to ride the nighthawk it was sweet.

Now it would be a standard or an adventure bike.

I like how the oil cooler is up out of the way, good all around motorcyle.

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
I had one just like the zx10miami pic...It was a great bike. I only rode it for one summer before selling it through...Overall, I had no problems with it, other than it always felt a bit heavy overall...like it felt heavier than it should have...

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Older friend had one like the picture below.
The first time I got to borrow my friend's interceptor 500, I was over there to go riding.
We did a roll on and I hit reserve at around 100mph and thought I killed my bud's ceptor.

Turned to reserve and it still took a while to prime and crank,

Eventually got to ride the nighthawk it was sweet.

Now it would be a standard or an adventure bike.

I like how the oil cooler is up out of the way, good all around motorcyle.
The bad part is that the darned frame housed some of the oil! The oil cooler actually bolted to the frame and the frame pumped oil into it! It took forever (it seemed) to drain the oil, 3 freakin plugs!

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I've got an '84 Nighthawk S that a friend gave me that will be a project bike. Hopefully will be able to get it started (the rebuild) sometime next year. I'm working on obtaining another project bike that I want ot do first.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yup, alot of good memories on that bike. Always had a thing for the CB 750's and KZ 1000's. An 84 Blk/red Nighthawk S was my first street bike. Had it delivered a couple days before my 16th birthday and was riding just after lunch on my birthday. Sold it a couple trouble free years later to buy a FZ 750, cause I wanted something sportier. No regrets for me, bikes just keep getting better every year.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I actually taught a friend in the Military at the time how to ride a Motorcycle on that exact bike. I thought it was an excellent bike to learn on and ride. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yeah! That pic brings back some memories, not good ones though. My friend had a Nighthawk and we use to race each other alot. I think I won only once when he had a missed shift. My ride was a 1982 RJ650RJ. I had to dig pretty deep to get this pic. Enjoy. Check out the backreast. Needed that for the girlfreind, she wouldn't ride on it any more until I got one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts