Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boys,

What years was the Kawasaki 900 Eliminator produced? I know they were around in 1985, but thats all I know. Just curious :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Rem

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
If I'm not mistaken in 85 and 86 they were made as a ZL 900 and in 87 as a 1000. What an awesome bike they were for what they were made for. I had an 85 900 and would love to have that bike back. Hell they are more expensive today than they were 10 years ago.
Are you looking for one?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
ballzman said:
If I'm not mistaken in 85 and 86 they were made as a ZL 900 and in 87 as a 1000. What an awesome bike they were for what they were made for. I had an 85 900 and would love to have that bike back. Hell they are more expensive today than they were 10 years ago.
Are you looking for one?
You got it b-man.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love to find one....but they were rare around here even when they were new...I've only ever even seen one or two in person...but damn they were a cool bike!
I want to pick up a winter project so to speak...something thats a little nicer for the wife and I to scoot around on....LOL.

I'm also thinkin' of either an old mid-80's 750 Shadow or V45 Magna, as I had both years ago.....but the Eliminator would be my first choice. Although a little long, I betcha its a fun bike to ride!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Rembrant, the 900 is an awesome bike. I searched high and low for the 900/1000 until finding the 1000 hours away from me, it was worth the drive. I'd still like to pickup the 9 to go with it. It's got more of an aggressive look. The thing that strikes me with this bike is the low gearing. Awesome launches on this thing. Blackies are a given. And yes two up on it is really comfortable. Plenty of power and perfect gearing for any situation. As a cruiser it plain kicks ass. I gotta tell ya when I look at it I still chuckle to myself for finding one in cherry condition and low miles. I wish you all the luck in finding one, you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
801 Posts
They need to make it again. This time with the new ZX14 engine. Make it a TRUE 1/4 mile drag bike for the streets. I believe it would sell.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
My 900 was a bad ass bike, never had a complaint about power. You don't want to hit up any tight twisties on the thing but what way to go in a straight line!!! Man I miss that bike.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
ballzman said:
My 900 was a bad ass bike, never had a complaint about power. You don't want to hit up any tight twisties on the thing but what way to go in a straight line!!! Man I miss that bike.
Ballzman, your so right about that man. Let's just say 125 was a very rough experience on that day. Speakin' o' balls .....they were in my throat!! O.k., wait, somethin' about that doesn't sound right............

1 - 11 of 11 Posts