Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there that can help educate me on the differences b/t 190's and 200's? no track riding just street. Looking for any major advantages or disadvantages when i purchase my next set of shoes for my baby........ Thanks!

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,541 Posts
sharp ten ya got there. to be perfectly honest with you, on the street, it doesn't matter. you get more side grip at the edges, but lose agility, and add rotating mass.

^^^^ What he said

Unless you're going racing and need more contact patch at full lean, there's really no benefit to the 200. It weighs more, causes more rolling friction, and costs more. It will affect handling and suspension due to the added weight. Stick with the 190/55 and you'll be golden.

·
Registered
11 Posts
^^^^ What he said

Unless you're going racing and need more contact patch at full lean, there's really no benefit to the 200. It weighs more, causes more rolling friction, and costs more. It will affect handling and suspension due to the added weight. Stick with the 190/55 and you'll be golden.
But 200 can be a fascination for any human being. It depends on the way he likes to have it or ride it. Thank you for the translation. :smile2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys. I'll think about it on my next change up. Seems appropriate for looks on the street and benefit on the track. Neither applies. She's very happy the way she is now. Thanks again, ride safe

·
Registered
576 Posts
Ignore those numbers, as they are NOT clear representations of the tire size.

If you look up the tire specifications, you can often find that a 190 or 195 are wider than other 200's.

If you want a comparison, you need to know the SPECIFIC tire that you're comparing.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
I saw that very exact issue when compareing a 190/55 pirelli and a 180/60 dunlop..

·
Registered
576 Posts
Here is the link to the 2014 Dunlop Spec sheet.

http://www.dunlopracing.com/fitment.pdf

You can see a wide range of actual widths... Only one of their 200's actually measure 200mm. And look at some of the differences on them, from some of the 190's to 200's you'll see they can be within 2-3mm. That's a WHOPPING 1.5 mm per side... There probably aren't many of us that would ever notice that...

We would be more likely to notice a difference in compound, pressure, etc...

But I always found the sizing interesting.... Some brands are better at this than others...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank Viper.

God that tire chart makes my head hurt :)
i think i'll stay where i am for the next set of shoes. I'm def lacking the education to make a good choice for a size change.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice.......well, i think i may be finished for now. She sits now @ 193bhp.
Power Commander 5
Dyno Tuned/ECU Flash/Limiters removed
3/4 Titanium Muzzy Catless
K&N Race Air Filter
K&N Race Oil Filter w/synthetic oil only
93 at the pump only

I'm extremely happy with the set up. The Dyno Tune from "Paul" @ Home - Blais Cycle here in South Florida was superb.
Here's the my map after dyno tune. If you open and compare to the "Muzzy" basic map, it's light years of difference.
No decel pop, no hickups, no bogging, and the power band is wider at starts a bit lower than the stock set up.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice.......well, i think i may be finished for now. She sits now @ 193bhp.
Power Commander 5
Dyno Tuned/ECU Flash/Limiters removed
3/4 Titanium Muzzy Catless
K&N Race Air Filter
K&N Race Oil Filter w/synthetic oil only
93 at the pump only

I'm extremely happy with the set up. The Dyno Tune from "Paul" @ Home - Blais Cycle here in South Florida was superb.
Here's the my map after dyno tune. If you open and compare to the "Muzzy" basic map, it's light years of difference.
No decel pop, no hickups, no bogging, and the power band is wider at starts a bit lower than the stock set up.
hello friend, do not use K&N oil filter, this is a piece of shit, trust me. :smile2:0:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts