Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to say im pleased to have squeezed 190 RWHP out of my spare parts bins, yes a complete miss mash of ZX10R engine parts spanning 10 years & 3 Generations of ZX10R engines. A set of 2006 (GEN2) engine cases with a 2010 (gen3) cylinder head, a 2008 (gen3) crank shaft, 2015 (gen4) pistons & rods, a 2012 (gen4) exhaust cam, a 2009 (gen3) inlet race cam. 2008 (gen3) clutch basket, oil pump & generator, starter motor. Yes that is a miss mash alright. Tuning wise there was obviously some work involved, the crank was lightened by 1.3K balanced & edged, balanced rods & pistons, i epoxy ported the head & shaved 0.6mm of it. the cams i dialled in at 112-112. I flashed open the secondary butterflies at the top, the dyno work i gave to BSD, yes there good but all the power figures you read in the MCN are theirs so you get a idea of consistency. The torque is no where near my big bore figures but its up 8 against this stock bike when in 2008 MCN put it on this dyno it was 164 RWHP with 73 flb torque. So a spare parts bin gave it + 26 RWHP & + 8 flb torque..................

On the same dyno my big bore engine did 200 RWHP & 93 flb torque, but that was a considerably higher spec engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im due to see those Peterborough guys when I've sorted the charging fault.

Heard they're very good.
Yes mate they are, they have been in racing a long time with good TT teams, there knowledge across race bikes off all brands is good. But i like them as they were one of the first to start using the wollich racing soft wear, & there reputation with consistency of dyno work is excellent. MCN only use them & have been for over 11 years for the dyno work so you get a idea where your power figures are at against all these press bikes & long term tests with mods etc. There is no bullshit there you get treated with respect & honesty, down side as with some others is getting a booking there in demand.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Pistons and rods are what gen???

I had one of those franken with my gixxer K57... never dyno, but s1000rr where beaten regularly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts