Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the threads and posts saying the 16t front sprocket will make your bike feel slower, your all NUTS!!!! I love the 16t front sprocket and plan to go +1 in the rear. I think that will be perfect for me.

But yeah, 16t all day. Ditch your 17t ASAP!!!! Cheapest/best mod you can do

·
Registered
994 Posts
How could anyone say it makes it slower? That makes zero sense, acceration gets wild. Im running a - 1 + 2 and its awesome, you can run it to redline FAST, will top out at around 165 but it is intense getting there.

·
Banned
347 Posts
got mine -gen2- with the 16 on there already but going up two n the back Tuesday. Removing the butterflies also made the bottom end sick too, now i just need a tune.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a 3rd gen and -1 made it feel like the power came on faster.then i went +2 in the back and it seems even better. i love it this way. now im not riding in first gear most of the day.

·
Registered
842 Posts
i just ordered -1 +3 for my 1st gen. I have a stock rear and -2 front now its a pig out the hole i hate it.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have a 3rd gen and -1 made it feel like the power came on faster.then i went +2 in the back and it seems even better. i love it this way. now im not riding in first gear most of the day.
+1

I'm -1 +2 and have two friends who have CBR1000s. One has stock gears and a slip-on. The other has a full Akra with more mods then me. He just went -1 +2 and it's much improved but not as quick as the Gen3 -1 +2. When I get a new chain I may go -1+1.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
i just ordered -1 +3 for my 1st gen. I have a stock rear and -2 front now its a pig out the hole i hate it.
Hate to tell you this, but if you already have -2 on the front then is ALMOST exactly like doing -1/+3

For every -1 down in front is about 2.67 up in the rear, so if you round that up, that's basically 3.

I'm not sure what you're used to riding, but if you've gone down -2 in front and it still feels like a pig to you out of the hole, then you must be used to riding 8 sec 1/4 mile time bikes.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I went -1 front +2 rear and all I can say is WOW!!! it made a big difference!! when I first got on the throttle I was like "OOHH SH!T!!" its a freaking beast now, I highly recommend this to anyone!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Does anyone responding to this Member even know what Gen he/she owns :dontknow: or are all of you assuming you need a -1 no Matter what Gen you own? :dontknow:

bloo

·
Banned
347 Posts
Does anyone responding to this Member even know what Gen he/she owns :dontknow: or are all of you assuming you need a -1 no Matter what Gen you own? :dontknow:

bloo
Yep that is what i am assuming:cool:

Every bike i have owned that i wanted more bottom end on, i have dropped a tooth in the front. which has been every bike i have owned.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

Every bike i have owned that i wanted more bottom end on, i have dropped a tooth in the front. which has been every bike i have owned.
Ah...so you know what they say about assuming?:heyyou: A first Gen yes it does over 104mph in 1st gear a given not the other Gens...now your assuming most riders ride like you and need a Gear Change....thanks for making my point. :wink:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

Ditto, i cant think of a single bike i have ever owned where that wasnt my first mod. Bout the best 25 bucks you can spend for any make or model of bike (imo)

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Ditto, i cant think of a single bike i have ever owned where that wasnt my first mod. Bout the best 25 bucks you can spend for any make or model of bike (imo)
A ZX9R that was the Worlds first 9s bike and could easily do 170mph WITH NO GEAR CHANGE....some things depending on your riding habits don't need to be messed with. :heyyou:

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
A ZX9R that was the Worlds first 9s bike and could easily do 170mph WITH NO GEAR CHANGE....some things depending on your riding habits don't need to be messed with. :heyyou:
Truth. Years of riding on the street I never felt the need to change my gearing. I personally loved the tall first gear. Now going to strip has completely changed that mindset. Having to shift to 4th right before the 1/4mi marker sucks and so does the bogging you have to fight at launch.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

I agree, personally i think it mainly depends on where and how you like to ride. I was certainly generalizing, and going off of my particular riding habits. Thats why i made sure to put the (imo). Now that im down in a straight flat area, im considering going back to stock on my 1st gen, and ill just swap when i go to the track.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,372 Posts
All the threads and posts saying the 16t front sprocket will make your bike feel slower, your all NUTS!!!! I love the 16t front sprocket and plan to go +1 in the rear. I think that will be perfect for me.

But yeah, 16t all day. Ditch your 17t ASAP!!!! Cheapest/best mod you can do
um.... huh?
who said that?

That's like saying filling your tank up with the proper gas and warming your bike for a few minutes causes your front tire to loose 10 psi on Tuesdays lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.