Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the custom dyno curve from my 2005 ZX10R... (STD curve...curve for sato slip on, power commander III and air pump removed) around 160 hp from the rear wheel...very pessimistic dyno...real hp numbers are even higher...

See the full report soon...
http://www.kotiposti.net/strato/

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Salesguy10r said:
Whats the deal with the torque?

pessimistic is an understatement!

SG
:+1: ...:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I dunno where you guys get "pessimistic" and "optimistic" from, the numbers by themselves mean JACK. It is so irrelevent it ain't funny. Just coz this one reads lower than others, why aren't the other "high reading"? LOL And wait up, go and read Factory Pro's "Dynojet speil of bullshiit" and you'll see that Dynojet dyno's read VERY HIGH and give unrealistic numbers. Hahahaha whatever.

All that you can see from that graph is the Sato slip on and the pc (with whatever map is in it) gave him 6h.p. Nothing wrong with that. My question is, was it custom mapped or just run with a map off the net etc? If the latter, you should get it custom mapped, and you will see a bigger gain again. The torque gain is great too. Seat of the pants dyno should make you pretty happy, and even happier having it custom mapped if it isn't done already. Have fun

·
Registered
319 Posts
Is it just me or is that like the most unrealistic torque numers you have ever seen from a10 I got 82 and 162 hp rear wheel with an Akro slip/on and mine was on a superflow Dyno on a Dynojet a couple of weeks ago I got 171 rwhp but I didnt even post it cause everyone knows dynojet dynos LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Birdman said:
I dunno where you guys get "pessimistic" and "optimistic" from, the numbers by themselves mean JACK. It is so irrelevent it ain't funny. Just coz this one reads lower than others, why aren't the other "high reading"? LOL And wait up, go and read Factory Pro's "Dynojet speil of bullshiit" and you'll see that Dynojet dyno's read VERY HIGH and give unrealistic numbers. Hahahaha whatever.

All that you can see from that graph is the Sato slip on and the pc (with whatever map is in it) gave him 6h.p. Nothing wrong with that. My question is, was it custom mapped or just run with a map off the net etc? If the latter, you should get it custom mapped, and you will see a bigger gain again. The torque gain is great too. Seat of the pants dyno should make you pretty happy, and even happier having it custom mapped if it isn't done already. Have fun

My Bad.....just saw the torque was in N-m...not ft-lbs...:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
477 Posts
"cause everyone knows dynojet dynos LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yep. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Obviously the case, coz this guys bike on the superflow, would make what then? 148? OK, you're the expert. LOL

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Salesguy10r said:
:+1:

Birdman, are you hypersensitive or what?

SG
he just takes his work seriously..:dontknow:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hahahahahaha yeah, you could say that. I just get sick of reading utter bullshit by people, that are serious (maybe he wasn't) and so when I read it at all, I get a lil silly.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Birdman said:
Hahahahahaha yeah, you could say that. I just get sick of reading utter bullshit by people, that are serious (maybe he wasn't) and so when I read it at all, I get a lil silly.
yeah understand....j/m....I do the same thing too...it's a honest mistake to miss read torque values, as here in the US most seem to be in ft-lbs on dyno charts...so even though we fugged up miss reading you jumped the gun too. Would be interested though on how you think he can get more HP out of a slip-on. I did gain 5hp myself without a PCIII...didn't think there is much more to gain other than rideability performance.:dontknow:

·
Registered
477 Posts
he's running a downloaded map or a custom map he's had made. if it's custom, then he's sweet, if it's just a downloaded map, there's more than a good chance a custom map will give him a lil more, not to mention the increase in the benefits you pointed out.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Custom map

It is not downloaded map..it is real custom map made for all throttle openings up to 100% in 250 rpm increments up to the limiter (around 12650 rpm)

The STD bike with 0-map and STD exhaust system run rich...after installing SATO race slip on, the mixture was better because of the more free flow and the middle power went up almost to the level shown in dyno curve. Middle hp gain around 6 hp on very wide range...high end gain only 3 hp

After carefull dyno work the maximun middle power gain was around 7 hp and the gain is accieved on very wide range around 7000rpm - 9000rpm. Now max hp's went up to 159,67 hp (6 hp) but the extreme top end before limiter went up almost 10 hp... so the engine strech at high rpms more freely which is good for track driving...

I just wanted to share my experience... by the way there is STD air filter

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
torque was in N-m...not ft-lbs

torque was in N-m...not ft-lbs !!!

We all know that the absolute power is not comparable with different dynos...this individual dyno we used has given even 10hp lower figures that an other dyno in my area

The is variance in hp figures even when using same dyno and the weather/temperature is different...In this dyno there is suction air temperature controll (set to 20 C degrees) and it is same all the time...

And one more comment...we managed to get the max hp figure even more high when setting the mixture more lean at high top end - (to 161 hp) BUT in real world there is more pressure in suction ducts when the bike speed is high...that was the reason the expert leave the high end mixture a little bit rich at dyno 0 speed...now this bike well release the max hps in high speed...

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have talked to some tuners that say Dyojets are on average 10-15% high on numbers but I think the point of a dyno unless you are a squid is to benchmark performance to see where you can get what gains

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah SOME tuners. Most ofthem would be people without Dynojet dyno's and as you can see here, it's pure crap. But you sir, are correct, all ANY dyno is useful for as far as H.P figures go, is for measuring the gains you're getting (or not getting) after changing something on the bike.

Sweet, thanks for the note on the custom map, I didn't see where that was written anywhere before. It's also good coz that is what I got from the Arata slip on as well, and 8h.p through the middle. So I was hoping that was custom mapped, or the Arata would have been a little behind. hahaha Like i said before, pretty similar in h.p figures between the two.

"this individual dyno we used has given even 10hp lower figures that an other dyno in my area"

and funnily enough, same here, putting paid to the "myth" (or at best, based on OLD info on the first non eddy current dynojet dyno's) that Dynojet dyno's read HIGHER than other dynos.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Sweet, thanks for the note on the custom map, I didn't see where that was written anywhere before. It's also good coz that is what I got from the Arata slip on as well, and 8h.p through the middle. So I was hoping that was custom mapped, or the Arata would have been a little behind. hahaha Like i said before, pretty similar in h.p figures between the two.
You did not see where that was written before ??? Sorry my limited english but see the first clause of this thread "This is the custom dyno curve from my 2005 ZX10R...sorry I did not use the word map"

You are afraid that Arata are a little behind...It may be indeed if your STD bike was set more rich than mine...hehe... the reason for higher Arata gain may be only the fact that your stock bike mixture was more bad than mine...As you can see this discussion is like small boys discussion - my father is stronger than yours...

And for general statement that Dynorun recearch dynos are more optimistic than others I would say... I suspect...In real business most of the dyno workshops are setting the software correlation factors to the way that dyno show more hp's- it is business when the customers are satisfied... only the realistic and real professional workshops are setting the factors to the most pessimistic values...

"

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
number are good.. very similar to the ones mine pulled (I had an extra 2hp with a full Akra Evo II but the power band is just as wide. Every dyno will read a little different, the best thing to do is compair multipul bikes on one dyno and you'll see wher you stand in the numbers game. Where you stand on seat of the pants power is something different. Dynojet dyno's read high like they've said before but just knowing that your installed go fast gooies are working is proof enough.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts