Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else out there running 16.5" wheels and tires on their track bikes? I have been running Dunlops in the past and I am thinking about trying out some pirelli's. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on the pirelli's vs. the dunlops.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a set of marchensini's on their way and will be trying both the pirellis and the dunlops. I think the Dunlops are the tyre with the best out and out performance but my spidey sense tells me the pirelli will be easier to jump on and ride fast without having to turn the setup inside out.

time will tell :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do like the Dunlops but it is hard for me to find good supply and the prices are quite high. I am only considering a switch because I can get the Pirelli's for about $100 less a set.

By the way were you on the redmonkey forum? I think I recognize your bike. I used to race a 7 also just sold it last year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yea i am still on the redmonkey forum. i still have the old ZXR in the garage :) just got the 06 this summer ready to race that next year. its a steep learning curve.

how are you getting on with the 10r?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I had a 10 on the street for the last 4 years but this was the first year racing one. It definitley takes some set up time to get it right. I was mid pack most of the year with a best finish of 5th in one superbike race. I had limited track time this year being in the middle of a move and change in jobs but I am really looking forward to next year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts