Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats everyones opnion on 16/41 gearing, is 1st gear really that violant liek everyone says. im a lightweight 130

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
16/41 is a great gearing and I run that at most tracks that I race on. I have added a couple links as well i think I should mention and have done other geometry changes but as far as the gearing alone it's great because it helps you get off the line better without bogging down and pretty much eliminates 1st gear on the track which is great since 1st is not a gear you wanna stay in long if you are racing unless you like a good view of the scenery and wildlife. lol

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some drag racing , mostly street

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so is first and second gear really violent

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
zx10r85 said:
so is first and second gear really violent
lets just say with 16/41 is very aggressive so take a little time getting aquainted, but for drags its a good start setup wise.

BD

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well f it ill put it on and if its to aggresive for the street, ill take it to the strip and then change up some gearing:thumbsup: one thing i do kno is that the stock gearing sux :dontknow: what was kawi thinking damn my buddies r1 is 17/45 stock, an i still walk on him from stops and rolls :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts