Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 ZX10. I have the stock 17/40 setup. I put on a 16T front sprocket and love it! I wouldnt mind +1 in the rear and go with a 16/41 setup but keeping my stock chain will cause wheel base to shorten. I was hoping to get the correct length chain & keep tire as far back as I can on stock swing arm. Any advice? My chain just rubs now and I dont want anymore rub then what the 16T gives me. What would you guys suggest for a chain brand and length for a 16/41?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
You can alway just add a master. I have out at the track switching setups!

Just because you shorten your wheel base and your seat height lowers doesnt mean you can't change/setup your suspension

chain wise if need be just get a ek120 link and measure and then take off what you need

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
your bike came stock with a 108 link chain so i would suggest a 110 link chain if you plan on going up +1 in the rear. i have a 110 link chain for sale cheap off my 05 zx10 if your interested. had around 2k miles when it was removed.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your bike came stock with a 108 link chain so i would suggest a 110 link chain if you plan on going up +1 in the rear. i have a 110 link chain for sale cheap off my 05 zx10 if your interested. had around 2k miles when it was removed.
I thought my bike came with a 110 link stock? I will count when I get home. If that's the case, a 112 link sounds more appropriate

·
Registered
28 Posts
just did a 520 conversion on mine a week ago :D .... EK mvxz chain and went 16/41 but I'm kinda feelin a lil buyer's remorse. I should have gone +2 in the back. I read other rider's post stating that +2 in the back is crazy but +1 in the back didn't change much for me. Other than that, you'll like the 16/41 you can definitely feel the change in acceleration.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just did a 520 conversion on mine a week ago :D .... EK mvxz chain and went 16/41 but I'm kinda feelin a lil buyer's remorse. I should have gone +2 in the back. I read other rider's post stating that +2 in the back is crazy but +1 in the back didn't change much for me. Other than that, you'll like the 16/41 you can definitely feel the change in acceleration.
I am reading alot about the 520 conversion. What is that? Thats just a different pitch chain? I dont know what gains you get from that... maybe I need to search.

And yeah, the 16T woke the bike up. I wouldnt mind a little more but I think +2 in the rear might be to much! Have to expierence it first ;)

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Im 99% sure my 07 is a 110 tooth. Going to count now though
this should clear that im right :mrgreen: straight from jt sprocket website below.

JT Sprockets Catalogue
Kawasaki ZX-10R D6F/D7F Ninja (ZX1000) USA
2006 to 2007

Front Sprocket:
JTF1537
Teeth:

Rear Sprocket:
JTR1489
Teeth:

Alloy Rear Sprocket:
JTA1489
Teeth:
check availabilty

Chain Pitch:
Length:

Front sprocket available in: 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 teeth

Rear sprocket available in: 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 teeth

Alloy Rear sprocket available in: 43, 44 teeth

·
Registered
28 Posts
yeah it's a different pitch, making it lighter than stock. This isn't one of the sponsors but they let you create your own chain n sprocket kits. solomotoparts.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts