Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How bout this i was just passed by a guy riding a stand up wheelie and he had to have been doing 150 I was on this rural highway about 20 miles outside of town where all the streetracers go cause us cops pretty much stay outta there and I was practicing different launch techniques and having a friend halfway timing my 1/4 mile well I was close to the end of the 1/4 at about135-145 mph and here comes this honda 954RR blowin by me like I am standing still and unless I was seeing things he was doin a standup wheelie but for sure a wheelie??? Is this possible or am I losing my mind

·
Registered
698 Posts
I would say it is fo'sho! I don't think I'd want to try it though myself. That stuff just isn't for me.:helmet:

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Yep it is possible.

·
Registered
269 Posts
its possible but it has tank slap written all over it. u put down a wheelie at that speed with the front tire slightly turned either way, and ur going over. very stupid.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mike Fields went 150 through the traps at Sac.

That was on one wheel on a Turbo Busa !

He races streetbike shootout . . .

See www.NMRAonline.com

Red, *<:){)-

·
Registered
770 Posts
I know I've been well over 120 doing stand ups, so yes it is possible, just hard to look down at my speedo. It is completely necessary to have a damper at that point though, and you have to turn it up when your going to be doing that stupid sh%$t...

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
no its not possible.............who am i kidding anything's possible. the fastest i've done was 117 though

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
frigging front end always comes up in 4th around 125-128mph (uncorrected) when the throttle is cranked, so I say it's an easy thing

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Sounds like the gene pool will be getting even more shallow soon.

·
Registered
761 Posts
looking at your mods.. you have a -1 +1 Vortex Sprockets

that will significantly change your speedo read out. Stock is already +-3%

·
Registered
86 Posts
wheelies that are that fast are still being chased. Around here everyone starts doing them and can get going that fast. with the new bikes they are so much stronger that the speed really picks up. I could do a power wheelie on my old nine and run out of gear. Now on the ten everytime im busting in over 100mph before it comes down. not that im a pro. I do uncontrolable power wheelies.lol But I have noticed as the ridders get better their wheelies slow down.

·
Registered
254 Posts
yeah it is possible and from first hand experience it is soooooo scary

·
Registered
403 Posts
My brother in Law did a regular wheelie on my 10 doing 135 mph, so I see a 150 stand up very possible

·
Registered
583 Posts
Dam,,,, NO-MO is them mushrooms ready there yet? sounds like it's going to be a good year! dry some out fer me I'll be over in that part of the state before the years out lol...:cool::badteeth:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dreadnought what part of Ar. you from?? We should meet up and ride your peeps and mine

·
Registered
583 Posts
No-Mo said:
Dreadnought what part of Ar. you from?? We should meet up and ride your peeps and mine
I'm in the N.E> part of AR. Thanks fer the offer but I don't do peeps rides. But do ride a 12 mile yard stick run every now and then with a newbie(my pace) Was really trying to be a smart ass with the shroom remark but ya returned with love so what can I say! Keep'em on the down low where whatch'en lol,,, Love the part of the state your in "killer" roads fer sure. Forget the stun'ing~:lol: work on ya staying alive skills! or something like this will be norm" yea my ole man died in a bike wreck when I was?" Party on dooods....:badteeth: :badteeth: .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts