Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that you need 10.000 RPM in first gear to get the front wheel in the air. Has anyone tried the 15 tooth front sprocket instead of the 17?
I bought the bike for fun playing not racing and now I can do wheeles only at speeds above 100 kmh.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I got my bike a week ago and I think if I told my wife I wanted to start buyin parts for it already she would probley kick me in the face.....

15 tooth you say?

/kick

·
Registered
55 Posts
Big Daddy, what is the torque on the front sprocket nut? I'm getting ready to install a 16 tooth also.

Thanks,

Larry

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,532 Posts
Test and tune.

So are you going down on the front sprocket 16 vs. 17 to make it quicker / launche faster???

or so that it launces more sane??

i wanted to make my 10 posibably launce milder for the heavy city driving, and i would supose it will give me a higher top end!

(i rather have more top end that quicker launces)

so do that mean i need to go to a 18 tooth front sprocket???
of should i do all my work with the rear sprocket or combo???

PS: ill do research later but iguess its nothing better than folks that have already test and tuned!
:)
thanks in advance group!!

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
greg570 said:
It seems that you need 10.000 RPM in first gear to get the front wheel in the air. Has anyone tried the 15 tooth front sprocket instead of the 17?
I bought the bike for fun playing not racing and now I can do wheeles only at speeds above 100 kmh.
10,000 :?:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Andy said:
greg570 said:
Gregg,You are silly :shock:

·
Registered
458 Posts
greg570 said:
Are you riding a 1988 or a 04? :lol:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Andy said:
greg570 said:
more clutch slipping probs? could we have another case? Andy, the slipping is very deceptive. it doesn't just let loose and feels strong in the lower RPMs (in my case) from what others have told me, the bike should start powering up around 6k rpm in first if you're getting into it. I was in denial until I had a friend ride mine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It seems the clutch is slipping. I can get the front wheel in the air if I close and open the throthlle at 7/8 K, but then it goes back down and I have 10K in first gear. How can I fix this? I do not want to open the engine.

·
Registered
419 Posts
greg570 said:
It seems the clutch is slipping. I can get the front wheel in the air if I close and open the throthlle at 7/8 K, but then it goes back down and I have 10K in first gear. How can I fix this? I do not want to open the engine.
hhmmm....did kawi fix the tranny issues? i hope so.
________
How I Met Your Mother Forum

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I have a 16T but i can't comment on the diff as i never rode the bike before making the switch but based on my numerous experiences with final drive changes i'd say it was noticable.

BD

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
RUNNINHORN said:
Big Daddy said:
I have a 16T but i can't comment on the diff as i never rode the bike before making the switch but based on my numerous experiences with final drive changes i'd say it was noticable.

BD
BD-- where did you order/get your front 16T from?
RUNNINHORN

yes i believe the 15T would be overkill AND you would get excessive chain rub on the plastic swingarm protector.

My 16T is an AFAM that i had my local parts guy source. The OEM 525 CS sprocket for the 10r is the same one used on the 96-99 ZX-750rr/r AFAM part# 28401

BD

·
Registered
725 Posts
Big Daddy said:
RUNNINHORN said:
Big Daddy said:

BD
RUNNINHORN

yes i believe the 15T would be overkill AND you would get excessive chain rub on the plastic swingarm protector.

My 16T is an AFAM that i had my local parts guy source. The OEM 525 CS sprocket for the 10r is the same one used on the 96-99 ZX-750rr/r AFAM part# 28401

BD
Thanks, ill call around and see iF i can find an AFAM dealer to order from tomorrow. Just to clarify, that AFAM part # you have listed, is that for the 16T AFAM sprocket, or the OEM/750RR replacement?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
RUNNINHORN said:
Big Daddy said:
RUNNINHORN said:
Big Daddy said:

BD
RUNNINHORN

BD
Thanks, ill call around and see iF i can find an AFAM dealer to order from tomorrow. Just to clarify, that AFAM part # you have listed, is that for the 16T AFAM sprocket, or the OEM/750RR replacement?
for the AFAM. heres the site addy..http://www.afamusa.com/sprocket-apps/kawasaki-sprocket-apps.html

BD

1 - 20 of 49 Posts