Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 15,275 miles on my 06zx10r. Bike runs fantastic to me, but was wondering if I should get valves looked at. No smoke or anything. After sitting for a few days there is a small puff of white smoke for a few seconds after start up. Don't know if this is valves or not, maybe just humidity, I do live in FLorida. Anyway, suggestions on spending the money to have the valves checked. Peace and thanks :cool:

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think you need to get them checked until like 22,000 or so I think. Check your manual it will tell you. Never hurts to check them early especially if you have the money to get it done.

Usually white smoke is antifreeze in the engine but not the way you're describing it.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
dang I just hit over 10K miles in my 05....I need to ride more. I was also wondering maintenance intervals for our bikes and if I needed to do something.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Owners manual has the periodic maintainence chart. Damn you guys ride a lot! I have an 05' with only 4,200miles on it.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Do the service. I had my 10R for a 1yr and 6 months I had the services done 8k & 16k they did adjust my valves and the bike ran like a champ new plugs major difference. I would do it for sure. Just my .02 :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Do the service. I had my 10R for a 1yr and 6 months I had the services done 8k & 16k they did adjust my valves and the bike ran like a champ new plugs major difference. I would do it for sure. Just my .02 :eek:ccasion1

You had your valves adjusted at 8,000?..the manuel does not even call for it til 15,000..

I am in the same quandry..my bike runs so strong I know it was built on a tues, weds, or thurs...I have 15,000 on my 06 and am afraid to take it to the shop for fear they will f***k something up...

I have heard that euro bikes don't call for a valve adjustment until 26,000 miles. :dontknow:

are there any overseas owners who would check their factory manuels and report back regarding that.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have 15,275 miles on my 06zx10r. Bike runs fantastic to me, but was wondering if I should get valves looked at. No smoke or anything. After sitting for a few days there is a small puff of white smoke for a few seconds after start up. Don't know if this is valves or not, maybe just humidity, I do live in FLorida. Anyway, suggestions on spending the money to have the valves checked. Peace and thanks :cool:
Save money and check them yourself...it's not hard at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts