Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see if any of yall have bumped your redline up to 14k and is your head stock or worked....I see many people getting there redline bumped up to 13,650 when they get there ecu flashed but anyone go higher?? The kit race manual says you can do 14k but i'm not sure about reliability ...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Without port work and cams, there's no power to be gained by spinning that high on a Gen 1-3.

I've run my NA motor to 14K with HD valve springs and stock rods with no issues, as long as your clearances are correct you'll be fine. 55mm stroke keeps piston speed within reasonable limits.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Without port work and cams, there's no power to be gained by spinning that high on a Gen 1-3.

I've run my NA motor to 14K with HD valve springs and stock rods with no issues, as long as your clearances are correct you'll be fine. 55mm stroke keeps piston speed within reasonable limits.
What about if you play with cam timing...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

Really?

My zx10 has NO over rev. It makes peak power on the rev limiter. The only reason it doesn't make more power is because it runs out of rev limit.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I want to bump mine up to BUT i dont want to BLOW my motor:bump:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm running 13,600 with kit cams and stock internals ...all I did was shim the springs... Going to bump it up another 200 to 13,800 and see how it goes... According to the kit race manual it says on a 3rd gen we are good to go up to 14,000....

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I'm running 13,600 with kit cams and stock internals ...all I did was shim the springs... Going to bump it up another 200 to 13,800 and see how it goes... According to the kit race manual it says on a 3rd gen we are good to go up to 14,000....
How much did you shim the springs, and where did you get the shims..?

·
Registered
384 Posts
i have the kit intake valves in. as soon as GARTH puts in a good word for me ill spin my 16000 mile worn motor to 14k come heaven or high hell.

·
Banned
27 Posts
I purchased the valve spring shims from "cylinder head supply" and I shimmed the springs to .030" before coil bind @ a max lift of .381". I do not have the documentation right now to give the spring installation hieght I ended up with nor do I have the seat pressures on hand. We are not worried about the valve train, it is the lower end we are worried about, how long can it take the RPM abuse (tic toc tic toc). Also zx9miami's peak power is still climbing on the limiter.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts