Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in a thread where people were getting there ecu flashed by dynotronics and revving to 14,500..... What I was told is that they are running stock blocks and revving that high...Me personally I think 14k is pretty high for stock internals but maybe i'm wrong...What do yall think of revving ro 14,500 with stock internals...To me thats a ticking time bomb but I may be wrong....

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
shit man 14,500 is pretty damn high! I would think twice about revving that high, that just seems like uhhhh high! lol

14,000 feels high on my 2011

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm doing 13,600 now probably gonna bump it up to 14k tomorrow and see how she does...but 14,500 is crazy on stock internals...

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah, going from my stock 13,700 to 14,000 the first time I revved it that high even though it was just 300rpm more it felt like 14,000 was HIGH lol!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
subscribed.....14000+ would be awesome.....Just let that b!tch eat...lol...Seriously, let us know how it feels at 14k.....you just going out for a ride or gunna hit a dyno and see if power falls off..?
I had all intentions of putting it on the dyno as I have yet to tune my ignition timing and want to get that done....As far as the power falling off I doubt I will have a problem with that from looking at my last dyno run the bike was still pulling to my 13,600 redline...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I had all intentions of putting it on the dyno as I have yet to tune my ignition timing and want to get that done....As far as the power falling off I doubt I will have a problem with that from looking at my last dyno run the bike was still pulling to my 13,600 redline...

is this with pump gas or an oxygenated fuel..?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good stuff but like you said expensive... Roughly $25 a gallon.....

Attachments

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I needa pick some up soon I wanna do a dyno day with all the different fuels. MR12, E85 Pump E10 and Non-E fuels to see the difference.

that MR12 is some GOOOOD shit though :)

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah def, I wanna find a stock 10r to do a ECU comparison, hopefully someone on here will wanna do a back to back difference with a flashed ECU to give it full power...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
yeah def, I wanna find a stock 10r to do a ECU comparison, hopefully someone on here will wanna do a back to back difference with a flashed ECU to give it full power...
Theres a guy that lives down here in miami that has one..he's on the forum also....Let me see whether I can find his name on here....

·
Registered
906 Posts
I'm doing 13,600 now probably gonna bump it up to 14k tomorrow and see how she does...but 14,500 is crazy on stock internals...

We were talking about reving a stock engine with bolt on mods only,to 14.000 rpm which means 14,500 on the tacho,not 14,500 true rpm...

I'm having some concerns about that,mainly because on my gixxer I only went 500 rpms up from 13,500 to 14,000,after using stiffer Yoshi springs and Yoshi cotters for reliability...

My other concern was if the bike needed it,I've been told by some people that the bike will make power and not have a power loss even up to 14,000 with full exhaust,H20-50 says even with a slipon+decat pipe...
I don't know about that,I will try it on the dyno and the gains are worthy of the risk I will leave the limiter at 14,000 but adjust the shift light to 12,800... :badteeth:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts