Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something is very skewed with the world when most anyone can go out and buy a full-on rocketship for well under 10k OTD brand new, spend a couple hundred on nothing more than a simple slip-on, and PULL THE FRONT WHEEL AT ~130MPH IN THIRD WHILE TRYING NOT TO!!!

This bike is serious.

It probably isn't uncommon around here, but it's the first time I've done it. Keep in mind that this is the least wheelie-prone of the 3 gens (so I hear) even though it's the fastest.

It was around 55 degrees out and I had a low tank of gas. I took off from a standstill 'softly' and never gave it full tilt in first gear as it wanted to float the wheel at half throttle even though I was crouched down and forward, but 95mph still came before I knew what hit me. Once in second the stars came into view quick so I short-shifted, and a couple micro-seconds later it was dancing at full song on one wheel in third gear. Before a blink of my eye it was time to reel it in as the end of the line was 5 feet ahead, and the brakes bit hard to forcefully tame the beast in no time at all.

I cannot believe how much acceleration this ship has. It warps space-time as I know it. The stars blur and fly out and around me the second I twist on the warp-drive actuator, leaving nothing in my wake but a faint cloud of what was the Milky Way.

And that was just my ride home from work. How was yours?

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
i love when its almost about to rain and the weather turns for super hot to mildly cooler...this effer rocks like crazy!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Are you an author of some sort? That was well written!:thumbsup:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
It is like a warp drive, I like that comparison "Warp Drive Engage"

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, not an author of any sorts. I'm just calling it as I see it. :dontknow: :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words, all.

·
Registered
551 Posts
The 3'rd gen 10R sure is something else.
If the conditions are right, the power is just too much.

I'm experiencing scimilar with mine, and it typically happens when you hit the soft spot in the rpm range at the same time as the shifting and compresses the front forks.
Typically when landing from a 2. gear powerwheelie, shifting a gear and hitting the power as the front forks decompresses from the compressed state after touchdown.

Hit the "right spot", and the bike feels and acts like the turbo-bikes seen on videos out there. It just keeps going skywards as you feed in the gears.

·
Registered
39 Posts
born and raised in upstate ny, (reside in tampa bay area now) but there was nothing better than riding in 50 degree weather because the air is dense, full of oxygen and it all relates to free horsepower. providing your tires can maintain proper heat for the abuse they are about to receive. ride on gents cooler weather prevails.

·
Registered
540 Posts
you must like star trek... haha :lol:

nice story though :ayyy:

·
Registered
226 Posts
unfortunately, my ten is now off the road for the season, and my buddies wanted to go for a spin today. thankfully i have a second toy. i live in southern new hapshire and it is pretty chilly here now, so needless to say there was no traction with a turbo'ed gsxr 1000. it is no 10 but it was still a fun ride. thanks for the great narration. glad to hear others are having fun while we still can. ride safe

·
Registered
242 Posts
haha that was good to read. those motors love that cool air! :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts