Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I own two busa's (1 TurboBusa) 1 just stretched out with nos.,ZX12R stretched with nos,gsxr600 with 1000cc motor and nos stretched out too. I've raced against my club members with only 12miles on my bike. I lost my first two races one agains a stretched busa and one against a stretched ZX12R. I couldn't keep the front end down and just was not use to the clutch yet.
Two days later I got my Schnitz order and put on the rear lowering links, front strap with brake mounts, Dropped a tooth on the front sprocket and went out to play.
It was a great night for the 10r... I redeemed myself agains both guys and raced everyone else that wanted to try me. I won all races! Only one was close, this was against a busa stretched 10" over and has cams and a air shifter. He could have won if he wasn't afraid of his bike. Oh, I'm 6'2, 255lbs. also! I've been street and drag racing since I back when Kawasaki had the GPZ'S and Suzuki's were GS motors....LOl, I'm like big daddy....Old School. I'll be 36 in March..
I love my 10R just because of the weight itself and the power delivery...
Recon's Bikes

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Was this street racing? And what was the conditions i.e roll on/from dead stop?
Also were your friends supprised what the 10 can do or have they raced 10's before?

·
Registered
128 Posts
These were all from a dead stop. Yes, Street racing! Temp was about 60 deg. My friends were not real suprised just because of my experience. I've been street racing since the late 80's. They have heard what the 10 can do but have not see it first hand. I had only had the bike for a couple of days at that point. I ordered the parts from Schnitz before I even picked up the bike. I'm still getting parts from UPS about every other day...
I did some roll on's with the same guys and they pulled away from me a couple of bikes until I hit third gear then I reeled them in and passed. We go from 40mph. and roll out from there.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
ForceRecon said:
These were all from a dead stop. Yes, Street racing! Temp was about 60 deg. My friends were not real suprised just because of my experience. I've been street racing since the late 80's. They have heard what the 10 can do but have not see it first hand. I had only had the bike for a couple of days at that point. I ordered the parts from Schnitz before I even picked up the bike. I'm still getting parts from UPS about every other day...
I did some roll on's with the same guys and they pulled away from me a couple of bikes until I hit third gear then I reeled them in and passed. We go from 40mph. and roll out from there.

Yeah dead start is rider for sure. Launching the 10 requires some good skills like at the drag strip where I am still learning. On roll on's I believe is a better indicator bike to bike with a relatively experienced rider. Sounds like you have a beast there keep it up!

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
ForceRecon said:

4 bikes??????? wow!!! money iz obviously not an issue 4 u? I dream 2 have 4 up 2 date bikes at one time!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts