Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Post Whore
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone hit 12,000 yet? I am wondering if I should have mine serviced by a dealer (which will empty my pockets) or have a friend that is a bike mechanic check it out for me (which will cost much less, I am sure). I know the 12,000 mile service is supposed to be a big one. Any opinions, comments, etc.?

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I'd imagine the biggest part is just checking your valve clearances. Have your friend do it if you trust his work. Better yet watch/help him so you can do it yourself the next time.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
hey miykl is that the first valve clearance check interval? what else is on for the check interval?

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
ahhhh--- I really don't know! I plan to check mine around 10k no matter when the book calls for it. Depending on your riding habbits valves can tighten up sooner than the suggested interval.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
man i barely have a little over 3k on my bike

·
Post Whore
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, just checked my manual again and it does say 15k. I dunno why I was thinking 12k, but may have the valves checked anyway. I ride my 10 everyday stunnerific. You dont ?:eyecrazy: I am addicted!! Thanks for the commments everyone.

·
Registered
229 Posts
15,000 Miles in six months.. I ride it every day as well...
One day it was raining so hard.. I rode it in the Garage and burned some rubber (that was about a mile)

·
Post Whore
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
10inja said:
15,000 Miles in six months.. I ride it every day as well...
One day it was raining so hard.. I rode it in the Garage and burned some rubber (that was about a mile)
I think I could cry b/c that is some dedication!! :rockwoot:

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
miykl said:
I'd imagine the biggest part is just checking your valve clearances. Have your friend do it if you trust his work. Better yet watch/help him so you can do it yourself the next time.
I couldnt have said it better....

·
Registered
958 Posts
I thought I ride a lot but you boys are just plain crazy to have that amount on the bike already. I bought mine in April 04 and only have a little over 4k, and for a while it was my only mode of transportation! That's to and from work and anywhere else I wanted to go. Maybe I need to stay of the computer and do a lot more riding.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Ummmm....what do you need at 22 miles?

Weather here STILL hasn't broken yet.....Light snow again tonight....This is :bs: !

1 - 20 of 36 Posts