Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i didnt get a chance to buy any race gas this week. i usually run 112 octane. there isnt anywhere close around where i live at to that sells vp, so thats why im not running u4. a friend of mine has a drum of 118 and said that he will bring me a gallon to the track. do i need to tell him not to? i talked to a guy with an 05 r1 and he said that when he ran 112 it filed his plugs. will the 118 file mine? i dont want to do that because it looks like a pain in the arse to change the plugs on my 10. i have a full muzzy and a power commander with stock filter if that helps..

·
Registered
255 Posts
Fuel

What kind of compression are you running. If it is stock 118 octane is a waste. VP fuel has a chart that tells you what octane you should run via compression ratio. If the guy on RC51 was fouling plugs maybe he had it to rich. 112 should be fine for your application.

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/vp_01_fuels.html#leaded

SuperDave
CCS #38
05 ZX10R

·
Registered
255 Posts
Fuel

112 or 114 at the most. Wasting money past that. You could make your own oxygenated fuel. Have to be careful or engine go BOOM!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
what are you guys doing to need that kind of octane? my understanding is the higher the octane the less power it'll make unless the engine can compress it?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Agree

RickRoush03 said:
what are you guys doing to need that kind of octane? my understanding is the higher the octane the less power it'll make unless the engine can compress it?
I agree. I ran 118 in a pro stock race car. Can you say MAJOR COMPRESSION!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
GPaW said:
Question for you guys. What octance rating of fuel are you putting in your 10's?
I run U4 in mine which is 92 octane, but when not racing I run 93 octane pump gas.

·
Registered
65 Posts
u4 or mr9

if you bike is stock as far as no after market pistons then you can run 93 or u4 but some guy don't understand that just because the rating is high does not mean that the bike will run better

·
Registered
28 Posts
I keep race fuekl in my garage at home just to remind me of racing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Do you have to drain U4 while the bike is not being riden? Say two days at the most. I hear it will corode some stuff. I mix 2 gallons of U4 with 2 gallons of 93 pump. Am I wasting money by doing that and also, will it hurt the bike if I run it all the time? I usually run it like once a month.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
hale said:
Do you have to drain U4 while the bike is not being riden? Say two days at the most. I hear it will corode some stuff. I mix 2 gallons of U4 with 2 gallons of 93 pump. Am I wasting money by doing that and also, will it hurt the bike if I run it all the time? I usually run it like once a month.
Leave it in 3 days at the most. It is not wasting money as you still get the benefits of about 4% gain in a 50/50 mix. Do not run it all the time if you are streeting it.
Remember with a 50/50 mix it is about 5% leaner than pump gas.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I run 100 if i ride the street just so I don't smell like that junk 93. Anything higher than 100 and you are loosing performance on a stock engine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts