Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So seeming as how nobody else will race me I decided to take on the fucking 300+ hp extended lowered turbo busa. Needless to say it wasn't to great lol. My first real bad loss since I started riding. A bunch of people had videos so I will try and get some up.

We did a lower roll with me getting the hit and he didn't catch up till like 140-150. Did a few other rolls and he spun alot but that thing gets out like its nobody's business. First dig run something popped off and I won, a wins a win right? Second dig race I thought he would spin because he did it EVERYWHERE else tonight but heck no, he hooked and went. I can't really say how many bikes but it was a bit. Some people said like 5 but I think it was more based on video I seen.

Next time ill run him with traction control off and I will have a reflash air filter and a couple other random things so I hope its closer. Cant expect to win but I don't like losing that bad either. And still nobody would race me after... But I think leaving trac control on, even in 1, still hurt me a bit in the low end but ill have to experiment with it. Only launched it a few times and with this trac control it launches different every single time.

Also had a frickin new camaro pass me in a turn and I was leaning pretty good I thought, hanging off the bike butt completely off looking where I need to go and everything had like half a finger width for my chicken strip from it but he passed me while I was doing 130-140 through a turn, I didn't think they could do that.

Guess you can't win them all but it sure does hurt when it happens regardless of the bike.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
There's always somebody faster out there. What you need to do is start loosing a few races on purpose and making the wins a closer race. Yes, sand bag!! best way to get mofo's money.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Also had a frickin new camaro pass me in a turn and I was leaning pretty good I thought, hanging off the bike butt completely off looking where I need to go and everything had like half a finger width for my chicken strip from it but he passed me while I was doing 130-140 through a turn, I didn't think they could do that
Contrary to popular belief cars corner and brake better than bikes, especially sports cars.

·
Registered
74 Posts
they may brake and corner better but theres nothing like the feel of making it through a turn with your knee down alot more skill involved i believe

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
done both and i will stick with lifted trucks, and bikes for going fast lol
:thumbsup::iamwithst

Go the the Best looking 2nd Gen thread, last page and ull see what i mean

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
There's some big tension between kawisaki riders and gixxer riders here, when it came down to it nobody wanted to race me even tho the gixxer owners claimed they could beat the kawi's all the time. Ran a few destroyed them and couldn't get races after. So it ended up being the insane turbo busa.

I need a kawi in omaha to retake the throne! but i've never seen anybody around here with a kawi that can beat that busa... on high boost he makes close to 370 rwhp barely spins from a dig with progressive boost controller. So I think kawi loses this one =/

Here it is, my first time ever in 3 years of riding and racing, getting my ass handed to me.

http://youtu.be/pNzi2sNhzOI

·
Registered
414 Posts
Put a 50 shot on it and run him again. Can't let the gixxers win. And if the HP on the gixxer us what you say it is then he should be faster than the video shows. My conclusion; he's lying about his numbers or he lacks the skill needed to ride the bike to full potential. A 50 shot and no mistakes, it'll be real close.

·
Is still Slo
1,538 Posts
It's generally easier for an "average" person to take a corner in a car. With a false sense of security (the cage) and also the myth of being able to play gran turismo well. <---think I am lying? I had a co-worker in his early 30's give me grief about how slow I drive in the street....we had a track day coming up and told him to bring his fast self on out and see what it's like with no rules....no excuses.

He said what I would never believe if I hadn't heard it in person "I'm not going but know I would do well, I have can play gran turismo really well and it's just like the real thing". Now back on topic....

Anyway, to ride a bike well through a turn, I am talking good.....not your typical twisty canyon fella that thinks chicken strips has anything to do with how good you are turning. This takes much more skill and knowledge. Much easier to drive a car decently through a turn with a decent factory suspension and some sticky tires and that more confident feeling when in a cage as far as getting hurt.

Good runs with the Busa, even though you knew the outcome you still gave it a go, most wouldn't even attempt it.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Bet he thinks if u get 5 kills in combat u get to control a predator missle too :lol:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Naw I ride with liter bikes but my old bike was lowered 3" and they said fuck that. I ran a few people that were considered some of the faster ones around here and beat em pretty bad. And people see the 2011 10r and say fuck that. After I lost to the busa like 3 people went to that guys shop to get their shit stretched and lowered lol.

He has dynoed it and makes around 300 at his boost he raced against me, I believe he has gone around 370 before. In that race he said he had trouble getting it into second or something, his bottle for the air shifter may of been low. And that was their first time launching the bike.

Really I had hoped he would spin, he spins EVERYWHERE else rolling around but evidently from a dig that thing just hooks and goes.

Only reason I brought up the chicken strip part was just as some sort of reference point lol. I mean you can not lean off the bike at all and really get rid of them or hang off the bike which I was doing. So it was just a reference.

I have respect for that guy especially racing someone he knows he would beat easily. He just rocketed away from a roll even spinning it's crazy how quick that shit is. I'm going to be racing a turbo stretched r1 soon but it should be close as he only has around 200 rwhp.

Hopefully with traction/wheelie control off it doesn't loop the bike lol. I really rather not lower it but if I lose to this r1 for sure ill slam it just to race him. I will run the busa again after reflash just to see the difference as nobody else beats me around here, honestly not just trying to be cocky just all the bikes I raced haven't won and alot of people say they're really fast but I know there is plenty around here that can I just want to find them and give me something to push for as a stretched turbo bike isn't the route I wanna go lol.

On the way is bmc race filter ecu sent out for reflash r6 throttle tube hopefully it works, switching to gp style shifting shorty levers depending on af/r after reflash I may get a pcv to fix it but if af/r is good ill leave it be. going to buy or tint my windscreen aswell. any other random mods while it's open?

Here's a picture of the busa.

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Only seen 1 bmw around here. I have the only gen 4 10r I see when I go out aswell. But I do ride with liter bikes and some will race from a roll but not many and its generally the same people. It is nice being one of the only ones around having one tho. Got the reflash and there's a huge diff along with the r6 throttle tube. Now idk if I wanna go -1 in the front anymore.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's generally easier for an "average" person to take a corner in a car. With a false sense of security (the cage) and also the myth of being able to play gran turismo well. <---think I am lying? I had a co-worker in his early 30's give me grief about how slow I drive in the street....we had a track day coming up and told him to bring his fast self on out and see what it's like with no rules....no excuses.

He said what I would never believe if I hadn't heard it in person "I'm not going but know I would do well, I have can play gran turismo really well and it's just like the real thing". Now back on topic....

Anyway, to ride a bike well through a turn, I am talking good.....not your typical twisty canyon fella that thinks chicken strips has anything to do with how good you are turning. This takes much more skill and knowledge. Much easier to drive a car decently through a turn with a decent factory suspension and some sticky tires and that more confident feeling when in a cage as far as getting hurt.

Good runs with the Busa, even though you knew the outcome you still gave it a go, most wouldn't even attempt it.
Having friends in both the car and motorcycle racing world, you see this stuff alot. Its true, in a car it's much easier to get away with being a bad driver and still look fast, or not feeling too in danger. "point and squirt" they call it. Ill tell you what though, being in a friends lotus at sebring gave me a real sense of nervousness and fear. Its physics though, for some part, aside from driver/ rider. Bikes have the power to weight ratio( In most cases), but cars has the extra in a few more areas giving them alot more potential. bikes have the most bang for the buck though, and are cooler.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
I say now that he took you in a straight line,swap race track..Takem through a outlined corner kinda course and hand the humble pie back..
By the sounds of it mr turbo busa made you waste time,energy,fuel,motor on a no win situation..No sport in that.
Looked about 10 bike lengths from the vid on my bb

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
......add one left-hand u-turn into the race and it might give the Hay Bus a bit of a pause. :)

Seriously though, if it's a free race, who cares? You got to see some neat shit without having to pay for it yourself, right? :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts