Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just learned through the service manual that the 04zx10r is limited to a top speed of 185mph. Thanks to zx10rrider for the download. I need a way to get around this I believe that a spedo healer will do the trick, is this true? if not than what can I do?

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
The speedo healer will give you a higher actual top speed as it is corrected. The stock indicated is 12% high, if I believe correctly...the SpeedoHealer does NOT defeat the limiter.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Do you or anyone know what will beat the limiter?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will look into it thanks .

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
As I understand it, that works for the Zukes, but not on the ZX-10R. On the Zukes, it makes it think it is in a lower gear and defeats the limiter.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I will tomarrow.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
lets all call him at the same time to see what happens

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
he does seem to know his bikes

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
maze said:
I have just learned through the service manual that the 04zx10r is limited to a top speed of 185mph. Thanks to zx10rrider for the download. I need a way to get around this I believe that a spedo healer will do the trick, is this true? if not than what can I do?
Where is this shown in the service manual? I haven't seen it, but would be interested in the information. Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
what if u just diconnect the speedo and jus run a gps then maybe coz the computer doesnt know how fast ya goin it wont limit the speed, or... u couuld install a speedo healer and set it up so that the speedo is waaay over corrected and when ur doin 200kph it only says 150kph. Then get ur trusty gps and check that 1 for the correct speed. dunno if these will work, jus tryin to think of ways round it.
If as Ivan says, there is no limiter then has any1 actually full redlined there bike with the standard gearing coz i assume this speed should be more than 300kph with a few mods?? Mine never ever gets past that damn 299

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ummm can the standard speedo even display numbers larger than 299? That would really suck, I'll have to start riding the bike using the miles display and convert back

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If ivan is right than I have nothing to worry about. I am only concerned because I would rather not run into the problem at maxton. I hope to have the problem solved within a couple weeks. also the manual tells of the limiter near the front I don't have the exact page since I am at work also I was told that all of the japanese manufacturers agreedon the 185mph limit at some point.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just spoke to Ivan and he told me that there is no limiter on the bike. I will have to re read the manual but I will have to take his word on it.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was wrong about the manual. My mistake. But that is a good thing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts