Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there

do you know guys if it's possible to install the engine of a 10r 2008 on a 10r 2006 ? I know that the engines are similar, and it's possible to install it, but I wonder if I can use the ECU and the electric wiring of the 2006 for that engine.

my only concerns are about the ignition timing...do you know something about it ?
thanks
Claudio

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I dont' know for sure, but I think that a 2008 engine will fit in a 2006 chassis. Externally they look the same, other than clutch cover appearance.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
You'll need a way to control the extra 4 injectors on the 08 motor. I have seen the swap done before, but I believe at least the ecu and most of the back half wire harness from the 08 was used on the 07 bike(for the extra injector control).

·
Registered
484 Posts
hello there

do you know guys if it's possible to install the engine of a 10r 2008 on a 10r 2006 ? I know that the engines are similar, and it's possible to install it, but I wonder if I can use the ECU and the electric wiring of the 2006 for that engine.

my only concerns are about the ignition timing...do you know something about it ?
thanks
Claudio

MA CHE STAI COMBINANDO , MINKIA IN AMERICA TI TROVO?

:hello:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
You'll need a way to control the extra 4 injectors on the 08 motor. I have seen the swap done before, but I believe at least the ecu and most of the back half wire harness from the 08 was used on the 07 bike(for the extra injector control).
or maybe using the kit ecu in this application?

·
Registered
774 Posts
what about exhausts? if a g3 exhaust'll work on my g2 that will greatly ease my search.
sorry to thread jack and merry x-mas folks:mrgreen:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well. guys

yesterday I finished to mount it, and the bike started, no problem !

I used ECU and Harness of 2006 . It's almost a plug n play operation , I only changed the connector of the stator, everything is smooth ;)

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
well. guys

yesterday I finished to mount it, and the bike started, no problem !

I used ECU and Harness of 2006 . It's almost a plug n play operation , I only changed the connector of the stator, everything is smooth ;)
How are you controlling the extra 4 injectors?

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
You swapped the 06 injectors into it and, what, swappwd the top throttle body assembly too? Im intrigued and very curious how you got it to work with the 06 harness. This is big news for us 2nd gen guys. Thanks for all the info you can give.
Rep sent!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
You swapped the 06 injectors into it and, what, swappwd the top throttle body assembly too? Im intrigued and very curious how you got it to work with the 06 harness. This is big news for us 2nd gen guys. Thanks for all the info you can give.
Rep sent!

what I did was to remove the old 2006 engine but I left everything from 2006 bike. HArness, Ecu, Throttle body, injectors are from 2006. I had to change only the fitting on the head for the throttle body because the one from 2008 is different. All connectors are plug n play except for the stator. Just consider the two engines are basically the same !

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Thanks for the very useful info, REP'ed :thumbsup:

Is the power affected with the 06 bodies? Any dyno #'s?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts