Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kit is DDM Tuning, slim ballast w/$25 lifetime warranty. Install was CAKE. Only hard part is MOUNTING the damn ballast and running the wires cleanly. I attempted to take off the left mid fairing but gawd damn this bike is nothing like my 2005 ZX-6R and I got impatient and mounted it under my windscreen as seen in the last pic :eek:ccasion1 This week ima go back and do a CLEAN job mounting it :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
looks great man, I ended up with 6k as 10k would get me pulled over by law in the uk, plus 10k is quite a big reduction in visible light output.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Realize this. If you want to do something "cleanly" then realize that it sometimes takes time. You obviously failed at this attempt. That's ok b/c some people are not "clean" with there machines anyway. Which pisses me off that there so laz, but to each there own. If you honestly want to do a clean install give your self a day (just in case - some people work at different "clean" speeds), and take your time. If you get frustrated walk away. Taking the fairings off is a piece of cake. If you loose your patiance on those you might as well pay some one to do all of your stuff. Riding isn't everything when you got a half fast install sitting there making your bike look like hell. For God, sakes you have a BOP and it's a Kawi NOT a SUZUKI. Please go back and take your time and remove how you mounted your ballast up under the windscreen. Temporary or not that is sad. Not trying to harp on you but if you want something done right and "clean" take your time. Take pride in what you do and others will also, thus making you hold your head a little higher.

signed, 1 anal fag :hello: :eek:ccasion1

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Easy there brokeback cowboy, I'm all about doing a clean job on my installs, in this case I rushed into it not giving myself enough time to do a bit of a better job, but I am going back and cleaning it up tonight most likely. Thanks for your concern :hello:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
gotta keep a eye on things. to many lazy people getting a ten and not appreciating them for what they are. Hell I swear most people are/were Gixxer owners hense the half fasties

Tootles dude

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hello again, sexual Blazing Pearl Orange owner. I'd like to see pictures of your install, particularly behind (the back) your headlight housings where you would replace the bulbs.

Thank you,
C-piece
H.I.D. Police

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Drilled a hole in the cover and the rubber gromet fit in NICE N' TIGHT :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Did that answer your ? C? Shwooo :crackup:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Drilled a hole in the cover and the rubber gromet fit in NICE N' TIGHT :thumbsup:
Planning on doing my HID retrofit without drilling holes in those covers, running the ballast wiring through the headlights as the OEM halogen wiring did.

Don't say your install is clean unless it's c.l.e.a.n. dolla dolla bills yall! Actually, that doesn't look that bad...but running everything like factory is even better! Did you use relays? I've noticed the digital ballasts run at 3A each (or was it 1.5A each for a total of 6A). Well regardless they draw more when being fired, so my question is do you have trouble powering them both on at once on that 10A factory headlamp system circuit?

Oh, and per board rules, you are not to reveal any pictures of Blazing Orange Pearl paint. I believe I told you about this before. Next time it happens I'm going to pick an orange out of my bushel and throw it at you.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
lol,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts