Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Duc dealership on a re-con mission, and they told me that the
08's that will be delivered in june/july will carry a price increase of around $1000. They credit it to the euro but who knows. They also tried to spin insurance as being cheaper than the 10R because it is a twin. I dunno bout that one :dontknow: Anyways get em while they last.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
thing is if those with deposits are many then thats whats driven this 1k increase for anyone wanting to step through the door late.

BD

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My local dealer said that the current deposits will not reflect the price increase, but that is one dealer saying that.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Ever heard of a ADM, thats what your getting, don't trust your dealer, get your MSRP infor from Ducati North America, anyone that would pay MSRP or over for a bike is a sucker!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
9R to 10R said:
Ever heard of a ADM, thats what your getting, don't trust your dealer, get your MSRP infor from Ducati North America, anyone that would pay MSRP or over for a bike is a sucker!

From what I heard the price increase is 100% due to the Euro. I wish the increase was for somthing like a slipper, but thats not what I heard

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
http://www.ducati.com/od/ducatinorthamerica/en/bikes/model.jhtml?model=1805

Fresh off the Ducati USA site, MSRP is 14,995

Your dealer is full of shit and I would tell him that, the value of the Euro compared to the dollar has nothing to do with the MSRP of the bike, if that was a case, you would pay more for a BMW, Mec, Volvo, etc, etc , etc.

They are just trying to squeeze an extra grand out of suckers that would pay it, save the 5K and buy a 10, you could get full exhaust , Ohlins suspension and wheels for that almost.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I allmost put my money down, but I am going to hold out till 2008. I will look at the 08 10R or a The Ducati if they come out with a 1098R or a 1200R....sure is purdy though! Of course I love the TRI color the most and its 25k...The price rumors could be Ducati trying to push people into this model!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Demand will influence the price, if they are selling well, the price may go up. A Ducati is an exclusive bike, and there may not be a surplus of these bikes. If you want the first run of the 1098 model, msrp might be a fair price for the '07. The 999s' were not very well recieved, and to stimulate buyer interest, a better bike is being offered at a lower price than the less desirable earlier model.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I wouldn't want the Duc if I could get it for the same price as a 10, don’t care how pretty they make it. If Ducati came out with an inline four with crazy top end power at a competitive price, then I'd interested. V-twins are boring!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
9R to 10R said:
http://www.ducati.com/od/ducatinorthamerica/en/bikes/model.jhtml?model=1805

Fresh off the Ducati USA site, MSRP is 14,995

Your dealer is full of shit and I would tell him that, the value of the Euro compared to the dollar has nothing to do with the MSRP of the bike, if that was a case, you would pay more for a BMW, Mec, Volvo, etc, etc , etc.

They are just trying to squeeze an extra grand out of suckers that would pay it, save the 5K and buy a 10, you could get full exhaust , Ohlins suspension and wheels for that almost.
I appreciate that you know the MSRP right now, the heads up I was giving was only valid for 08' models however. Like I said, one dealer talking to one customer.

·
Registered
696 Posts
KaTooM said:
I allmost put my money down, but I am going to hold out till 2008. I will look at the 08 10R or a The Ducati if they come out with a 1098R or a 1200R....sure is purdy though! Of course I love the TRI color the most and its 25k...The price rumors could be Ducati trying to push people into this model!
That sure is a beautful bike, but at 25k I would probably just push up an extra 5k and get this

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have seen dealers mark up new models that there is a high demand for.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Theoretically could be the euro. I'd bet the US is their biggest market and the dollar has been slipping, slipping, slipping against just about every european currency for a couple years now.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Bad MO4 said:
I wouldn't want the Duc if I could get it for the same price as a 10, don’t care how pretty they make it. If Ducati came out with an inline four with crazy top end power at a competitive price, then I'd interested. V-twins are boring!
They are not appreciated by every sport bike rider, thats why they are made in limited quantities, targeted for those who want something different. Ducati superbikes will never be comparible pricewise with mass produced Jap bikes. For the person who understands where the Ducatis' performance and value lie, the price will be gladly paid, even if it requires a deposit and a tenative delivery date. I've never been bored on a motorcycle, reguardless of the motor configuration. :welcome:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts