Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll probably tear the motor down over the winter, anybody have the 1078 kit from JE ??

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
FAF said:
I'll probably tear the motor down over the winter, anybody have the 1078 kit from JE ??
hopefully someone will chime in with valuable info about this cuz were 2.5yrs into the 10's and people are beginning to rack up high mileage and experiment with internal mods and with this being a 3mm bore / replate it would be good to know certain aspects about it like heat or most likely excessive heat due to the bore.

Personally i'd do the 1051 2mm over kit if i were keeping my 10. http://zxzone.com/pistons.html

BD

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping someone had some pics BD to show the distance between cylinders , one more thing, I havent really had a close look at the lube system yet, but are there places I can tap into to add an oil cooler??

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
we have done several 3mm kits in the zx10's and many in the gsxr 1000's...these packages are extremely reliable when you keep compression in check...give us a call if you have technical questions about the 3mil kits for the zx10...thanks!!

dwayne

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Cycle Concepts said:
we have done several 3mm kits in the zx10's and many in the gsxr 1000's...these packages are extremely reliable when you keep compression in check...give us a call if you have technical questions about the 3mil kits for the zx10...thanks!!

dwayne
makes sense however as i mentioned heat becomes a factor as the bores become larger and the walls thinner so lets say comp is kept at 13:1 with a quality replate, parts massaged and proper assem is heat an issue or not??

BD

·
Registered
330 Posts
CC just wondering but what kinda power are people puttin down w/ the basic 3mm over kits?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
low10 said:
CC just wondering but what kinda power are people puttin down w/ the basic 3mm over kits?

Its not just 3mm over. If you go that route, go w/ custom cut cams. Get your pc3usb tuned in. And then test it on the track. Then you will get real numbers.

·
Registered
330 Posts
ninja- dont want to sound like an asshole when i say this so dont take it the wrong way but im already aware of that. i was just wanting to get an idea of some base #'s if you know what i mean?!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
low10 said:
ninja- dont want to sound like an asshole when i say this so dont take it the wrong way but im already aware of that. i was just wanting to get an idea of some base #'s if you know what i mean?!
with headwork and cams along with the 1078 kit you "with good tuning" see around the 200hp range on motor w/ race gas.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
around 190hp for the 2mm kit right?

I was thinkin of doing the 3mm kit a lil while back ago but I think a 2mm kit would be better for me espically since I treat my bike to floridas awesome summers......I ride my bike pretty much any time of the year since in winter it doesnt go below 50 or so.....

I'd love to have a 3mm though, those extra ponies will always come in handy but thats why I have the nitrous :-D

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I always say if you drive your bike around town and get into stop and go traffic pretty often to go 2mm.. if you just ride out to the race spots or track go 3mm..

·
Registered
204 Posts
:+1: Either way, lots of power.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Big Daddy said:
hopefully someone will chime in with valuable info about this cuz were 2.5yrs into the 10's and people are beginning to rack up high mileage and experiment with internal mods and with this being a 3mm bore / replate it would be good to know certain aspects about it like heat or most likely excessive heat due to the bore.

Personally i'd do the 1051 2mm over kit if i were keeping my 10. http://zxzone.com/pistons.html

BD
So which is a better kit, and why? Wiseco or JE?

And what's the difference b/w the "italic" and the regular lettering. I know one's Wise. and one's JE, but is that it?

And... wow... they're rating an '04-'05 10R, stock I believe, with a "measured" peak HP of 159, and a "claimed" peak at 184! What kinda 10 did they get???

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
low10 said:
:thumbsup: carpenter has dyno charts on their website i think. Big power f'sho.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
TheBoss10R said:
What kinda 10 did they get???
The same one the mags got.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
TheBoss10R said:
So which is a better kit, and why? Wiseco or JE?

And what's the difference b/w the "italic" and the regular lettering. I know one's Wise. and one's JE, but is that it?

And... wow... they're rating an '04-'05 10R, stock I believe, with a "measured" peak HP of 159, and a "claimed" peak at 184! What kinda 10 did they get???
dunno really, its kinda like dunlop vs mich vs pirelli i suppose. me i'd opt for JE.

BD

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
FAF said:

"winter" that don't give you much time to do that FAF. You know we don't really have a winter down here in Florida. J/K

Good luck with the rebuild. Can't wait to hear how it went.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts