Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I saw what was left of a '06 R1's crank that had the larger kit in it. I think SHE said it went a little over 2000 miles before it blew. I do not know what other work had been done to the motor.

I wouldn't hesitate to use the smaller kit, but the larger one I don't think I'd go there.. Of course that is just me..

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's the 1051cc pistons, cycle concept have them at the moment. I got the head done( plus lots of other stuff.), Im not looking for much power

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I have a 1051 AXO250 has a 1078 so maybe he will post something, both of us love the added torque of the motors though.... Im waiting for his ass to get down here so we can have a lil fun to see how they do but Im sure both of these motors are making great power.

you can goto my site and see what I did to mine

I also built a 3mm bore 3mm stroker which is 1137cc's and that is making incredible power.... running some damn fast times that i dont think I should say I guess.... its a grudge racing bike.... but I would stray away from strokers to the fullest.... not reliable one bit.

If the motor is built right you should be solid!!!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I also built a 3mm bore 3mm stroker which is 1137cc's and that is making incredible power.... running some damn fast times that i dont think I should say I guess....
If the motor is built right you should be solid!!!
You tease!!!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
You said Cycle Concepts is doing your bike? Are you doing Web cams with head work and all the goodies?

I got a 3mil (1077cc) done by Carpenter with all the goodies. Honestly I was initially disappointed. There is a misconception out there that a 3mill with all the other stuff will produce 195-200hp. What they don't tell you is the extra things that put it to that level (race gas, no air filter, running the bike in 5th or 6th gears on the dyno, STD correction factor). So what does this mean to most people? I run on pump gas and with the normal correction factor (SAE) I hit 174hp. That's about a 15hp gain on the same dyno with pc, filter, slip-on with valve removed.

But to what I think about the feel of my bike. It is strong, very strong. I have no doubt that I have a fast bike. The torque is a lot more impressive on the low. Since you have spent this much money on buying all this stuff I do suggest one thing that has made me pretty happy with the bike since I've built it. That's a Dynojet ignition module and a TRE. With a built motor, you can add timing and make things rock. It was completely night and day difference. I only have mine set at 3degrees advancement but I will have a better map put in it before long. I'm thinking it may have close to 180hp or right at it now with the timing advancement. It has made a big different everywhere on the bike.

I suggest you get the timing module on it and TRE before you ride it again. I can't tell you how adament I am about this. I wouldn't even ride it until I put those on there. With all of it now, I love my bike. Its fast as hell and being lowered about 1.5" on front and back it stands up 1-3 gears by purely giving it a little hell. I'm debating putting some race gas in it just to see what it would do.

The main thing is do not expect to make 200hp with your bike. I know what a 195hp felt like before I got on mine, so I guess that is why I was so disappointed. I knew how wild of a ride a big hp 12R was, and it just wasn't up to that standard. I would have thought it would pull my guts out being 100lbs less but it didn't. Without riding something like that, I'm sure I would have been happier at first. With it at 174hp, it pretty much stuck with the 12 from a high speed roll on whereas the 12 used to leave. From a low speed roll, I would always jet. Now that I have the ign. module, it jets from the low and keeps on pulling through the top on the 12. Just to give you an idea from the 12, advancing the timing 3 degrees made 8hp. Not to say it does on the 10, but it did on the 12.

Shaun, we'll see very soon. I think we are at about the same body weights now, so it should be good. We'll see who's goodies work the best. I'm worried about your dyno time, but well see who's bike works best WHERE. I think I may have you on the low but you may catch up on the top. I think I need to drop mine down but the hell with it, it looks cool at shit when its fighting for traction and bringing the front wheel up all at the same time.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I think I need to drop mine down but the hell with it, it looks cool at shit when its fighting for traction and bringing the front wheel up all at the same time.
aint that the truth, I love coming out of a turn and just goosin it and the bike doesnt know if it wants to wheelie more or break the tire loose a lil more lol

yeah we'll see, Im at about 190 lbs right now so w/e with gear on should be a good run, either way we got 2 nice bikes :thumbsup:

I told ya that ign module was the shit !!!! lol

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
aint that the truth, I love coming out of a turn and just goosin it and the bike doesnt know if it wants to wheelie more or break the tire loose a lil more lol

yeah we'll see, Im at about 190 lbs right now so w/e with gear on should be a good run, either way we got 2 nice bikes :thumbsup:

I told ya that ign module was the shit !!!! lol
No doubt. We'll gear up equally then cause I'm at 190 also. Ignition module was the best $300 I could have spent on this bike. Hit up ole SuperbikeSupply for it since they are a sponsor on here and gave a great deal!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
EDR made this post recently and I thought if would fit in here. I took this from our local website:

Well boys AND girls...the time has come....we know you've all been awaiting for this longer than eric has for his hair to come back!

For past few months we've been over slammed with calls, emails, pm's, etc asking "what are you guys doing next season" "can i be on your guys race team program" etc..

I have honestly just replied we are not gonna post up cause all it does is cause the "competition" to come back on our coattails (like ALWAYS) with something similar but "seems" prettier.... all while only being just another DLP type of program "ITS ALL ABOUT THEIR MIRRORS"....

HOWEVER..after seeing several PM's, and hearing from some of our riders from last year, that XXXXXXXX "will match whatever EDR does plus beat it" wow...thanks...seems we are STILL the one they are aiming for! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!!!

So, we decided...wtf? lets put up the prices AND the HP that we can get ya and also what were doing for ya in 2008! Horsepower is PROVEN! We will more than happy to show you ACTUAL dyno charts on our dyno! Stop in anytime.The prices below are RIDE IN AND RIDE OUT!! *obviously if you want/need extra things, special fuels, etc additional cost

We ARE NOT going to announce our riders...THEY can chose to if they like...we just feel no need to "brag" or "announce" a rider...they know the most important thing is EDR Performance is behind them 110% like we have for our riders for OVER 13 YEARS! No "we worked with this team or shop" this is 13 YEARS OF OUR ENGINE GUY DOING YOUR ENGINES!

Also, to be perfectly honest, our race program is almost full... we have almost 100% returning racers that want back on and have a ton more racers (including several national racers)

So, here it is. Racers, take a look....we will NOT reply on here about yes or no to ya...

please email or pm us your info if you would like to be apart of it all

Eric
[email protected]

or the shop
www.edrperformance.com
503.222.RACE shop
503.224.2315 fax
www.myspace.com/teamedr
Sportbikes.ws (EDR Performance)

Thanks very much. We wish all racer a very safe and competitive year in 2008!

06+ YZF-R6
$2,300 125-128hp

07+ YZF-R1
$2,300 176-179hp

06+ GSXR 600
$2,200 121-124hp

06+ GSXR 750
$2,200 149-151hp

07+ GSXR1000
$2,500 187-190hp

03+ SV 650
$2,400 79-82hp

07+ CBR600
$2,300 123-125hp

05+ CBR1000
$2,400 172-175hp

07+ ZX6R
$2,300 124-127hp

06+ ZX10R
$2,300 179-183hp

*Includes: baseline dyno run, r&r motor, s/s blueprinting of motor, all machine work, oem bearings, gaskets, adjustable cam gears if needed, manual tensioner, oil/water, dyno break in, and complete PC mapping [/b]

**Hp based on 2007 models, must use EDR recommended exhaust and fuel along with PC3/BPD

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Its all good. Is that on a stock bore bike for the 10? On race fuel or pump? Do you have any ideas on all this?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cycle concepts's just getting the cylinder bored and replated for me. I have lots of stuff to add. before i sent everything to cycle concepts it was putting out 170hp to the wheel. It had full Arata, pc3, air shiter, lowered, streched(61"),nitrous, kawi cam, i have a tre, just haven't installed it yet, will be when it goes back together.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I've got a full Arata too. Just ran a 175+hp on pump gas. Stock internals. Was very lucky and got a stong one.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts