Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal, i want to try to get 100w (55w stock) bulbs on both high and low beam on my gen1. Problem is as expected as soon as i hit the high beam the 10A fuse blows up. It works fine with the low beam at 55w and the high at 100w, but not both.

So the question is, if i switch the stock 10A fuse to a 15A or 20A will it work or will i risk blowing the electrical system all together?

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
So here's the deal, i want to try to get 100w (55w stock) bulbs on both high and low beam on my gen1. Problem is as expected as soon as i hit the high beam the 10A fuse blows up. It works fine with the low beam at 55w and the high at 100w, but not both.

So the question is, if i switch the stock 10A fuse to a 15A or 20A will it work or will i risk blowing the electrical system all together?

100W bulbs will melt the harness! The wires, connectors and housing is not meant to take that much heat which is why your fuses are blowing.

·
Registered
724 Posts

Try HID....it's less wattage and better output than a 100watt anyway.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Dont forget,get a digital ballast....I can run both hi and low on less pwr that i can run a low normal bulb....

Dont know how much difference it would be if you got the 55w set up over the 35w..I know i get flashed during the day with the 35w and at night i can run with my tinted visor down and still see...HID"S are the way to go..try these guys..Ask for leif..Quality stuff,plug and play and you can even get a life time warrenty..14 of use from canada had them made..luvem..
http://www.ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
if you want really bright get DDM tuning 50watt HID kit. but if you want a colored look go higher. i got 8000k and its usually a little bit bluish but when its 55w its really white. so if you want more blue go 10-12k and purple 16-18k yellow would be 3k. but DDM tuning is the best i've found and they look great. there is a couple photos. two photos show the difference between stock and HID. and let me tell you these things are bright.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
100 watt will cook the generator

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well HID it is then.

I was worried about the harness and the generator itself, seems like theres no getting away from HID in my case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts