Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just sick of this... Minnesota has a law that says you lose your liscence for 6 months if you get pulled over for +100MPHs. Does any other state have a law like this or am I the lucky winner? How fast does a liter bike get to 100 and back to the speed limit? It really kills me that on a wide open road 4 lanes to myself I can't open it up a bit without gambling my DL for 6 months :rant: Well I'm done ranting for now.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
matt_Rad73 said:
I'm just sick of this... Minnesota has a law that says you lose your liscence for 6 months if you get pulled over for +100MPHs. Does any other state have a law like this or am I the lucky winner? How fast does a liter bike get to 100 and back to the speed limit? It really kills me that on a wide open road 4 lanes to myself I can't open it up a bit without gambling my DL for 6 months :rant: Well I'm done ranting for now.
Not sure Matt, but I am sure Indiana would try

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
most states are similar, i've been stopped at 99, 127, 140something, all let off except one i got a 10mph over. anywho, the 10R can do 100mph in first gear, doesn't take but about 6 sec, i mean it'll trap the 1/4 in 10sec at 140+ or so and then prob another 2 sec to come back down to 80mph

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
matt_Rad73 said:
In Virginia, things start to get ugly at 80mph. I lost my license for 30 days, because I got caught on radar traveling at 83mph in a 65. And that was 12 years ago. I can only assume things have become more restricted.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
In MD. 115mph in a 45 @ 3:00am on christmas morning. 12 points $1,300. in fines and had to get a lawyer $800.00 for him. Went to court judge picked me out of his stack to be first and the cop didn't show " say cop because he was a dick and a lyer" he said that he clocked me going 115 in a 45 had to do 115 to catch up to me and 115 to keep up with me. I was like huh? That's not possible but oh well. I rolled my window down and he poceeded to bitch and moan and be a complete dick took my keys and wouldn't let me roll my window up " it was like 20* outside " then told me he could lock me up on the spot but let me go. They could have taken my liscense for a year and I could have spent time in jail. So long story short yea I would think that Md has a similar law but I don't think it's that specific maybe they go on a case by case basis.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im sure that its a 90 jail $3000 fine or something like that also but to just take away your DL is sick. I can do jail or pay a fine but I can't go to work if I can't drive. I gotta find a state with less restrictions. lol

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
My ex got let off with 155 in a 45 on her zx9, but she did have great tits!!

Maybe I will get implants ???

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
heres some cheese...

now go to the track.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
heres some cheese...

now go to the track.
I think that's the message the feds are trying to send us. :headshake

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
circusnuts said:
In Virginia, things start to get ugly at 80mph. I lost my license for 30 days, because I got caught on radar traveling at 83mph in a 65. And that was 12 years ago. I can only assume things have become more restricted.

whoa! that sucks!

in cali if you admit to the judge you were traveling above 100 mph its a 30 da suspension. i believe the cops can impound on the spot also.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I am pretty sure OR has that same law....Seems like a great idea to me do 100+ lose you license pay a huge fine or go to jail...If your not willing to do the time dont do the crime and stop bitching...

Take it to the track freakin idiots...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Speaking of state laws....I got tagged for speeding in Upstate NY last week...in a cage of course, but I was doing 84 in a 65....

First time ever for me, but no fine (not yet at least)...I have to send a form and a letter to the judge of that municipality and then the fine is determined (if any) at that time...sheesh!

Anyhow, I can't imagine theres anything to do but speed in Minnesota....man, those flatlands would kill me at 55 MPH...uggggh!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Those kinds of laws just make running a more attractive alternative. I'm with the track folks - buy a cruiser for the street and take the 10 to the track.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ya I got more info for ya Matt here in MN,

We all know it aint worth it to run out in the country cause there aint no where to go and the cops radio is way faster than anything out there But there is more...Ex riding Friend of mine tried (at first did) to out run some local cops in the Twin Cities(on his zx12..very fast ride and he is a awesome rider)and slipped away very easy. Bad thing was that the local troopers here are hooked up to the states DOT cameras(everywhere in the Twin Cities) and he couldnt figure out why they kept finding him and road blocking him and then had the attn of the helicopter. He went from a traffic tag(if he would of stopped)or maybe losing his dl for a while to a Felony for Fleeing. His bike was siezed(he still gotta pay his loan) and his MC endorsement cancelled(for ever in MN). Guess at his trial they even had the videos and close ups of his plates. He got 12 mos and a day in the work house(county lockup). I doubt we will get to ride again. It aint worth it to risk yourself and/or others to run just to try and beat a tag here in MN.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hillcountry10r said:
heres some cheese...

now go to the track.
Maybe a bit of a whine hillbilly but I got almost 3000 miles on this year already, and there is no way I could afford to get on the track. One track in this state that has anykind of bike days and no open track to practice. just race weekends and there is only 4 all year if I remember correctly. I hadn't looked for any tracks in wisconsin or iowa but that turns into a expensive way to ride even if you never break anything.

As for a cuiser well I have one:
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21552&highlight=build
it can go over 100 too so... I wasn't looking for approval and I don't ride at high speeds but I do twist the throttle a bit on accation. I was just wondering if other states had similar laws.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
In Ohio, if your going 20 mph over the posted speed limit, you can get your ride impounded, and go to jail immediately.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Dude, you have the greatest race track in America , next door, Road America, Elkhart Lake, I am sure they must have track days.

Or invest in a good radar detector.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I've ridden with cops before here in TX, and one time we caught a guy on a new gsxr 1K, who was trying to out run us, and he got a barrel in his face, and a trip to jail.

At that time I was doin more or less the same thing on the same roads...

That really helped me to calm down a bit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts