Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i find spacers for these for my '05? Or what can i use as a spacer.

Also curious if powder coating them will cause and kind of mechancial problems being baked in the oven?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I used honda factory parts, and had to grind a shoulder off. Powdercoating probably shouldn't hurt anything, but it depends on the metal (I would guess - I'm no rocket doctor). However, this has all pretty much been covered in the Ervins thread.

My spacers were honda part number 51497-MEL-D20. I beleive the desired dimensions are in the Ervins thread, but I want to say they are 5mm thick, and I can't recall the interior/exterior measurements.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Where can i find spacers for these for my '05? Or what can i use as a spacer.

Also curious if powder coating them will cause and kind of mechancial problems being baked in the oven?

Coating wont cause them any problems when done correctly :thumbsup: thers nothing inside that will be effected by the cure temps..

·
Registered
367 Posts
I just picked up some washers from home depot (zinc plated so they won't rust), figured out how many I needed to make the pads clear, and spray bombed them black. no one knows the difference, cost about 3$ total

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is another question, will the caliper bolts from an 05 1000rr fit directly onto the 05 10R? Reason being is that i stripped out the crappy allen head bolts on my bike.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE=ted_garlock;1308235]I've been told they do, but I used my factory ones. :dontknow:[/QUOTE]
Is that with the 5mm spacers?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I used honda factory parts, and had to grind a shoulder off. Powdercoating probably shouldn't hurt anything, but it depends on the metal (I would guess - I'm no rocket doctor). However, this has all pretty much been covered in the Ervins thread.

My spacers were honda part number 51497-MEL-D20. I beleive the desired dimensions are in the Ervins thread, but I want to say they are 5mm thick, and I can't recall the interior/exterior measurements.
Can you better explain the grinding needed to be done to these spacers?? Is it the backside of the spacer or the lip on the bottom of them?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Can you better explain the grinding needed to be done to these spacers?? Is it the backside of the spacer or the lip on the bottom of them?
I used the stock bolts with the 5mm spacers modified as shown. Part number 16. Grind off the shoulder pointed to by the red arrow - the part that comes in contact with the forks. The other side fits into the spacers.

I just held the spacer with a pair of vice grips and used a table grinder - marred up the sides that I grabbed, but I don't care.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
i have 3 sets of aluminum ones i made left 30 tyd as long in usa

1 - 12 of 12 Posts