Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had the bike since last year .never the first problem. Today started it up to ride and it sounds as its hitting on 3 cylinders. What maybe just a bad plug. I need help here guys.Thanks:headshake

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
My 04' did the exact same thing 2 weeks ago...fouled plug in my case. Mighta happend when you ran from the cops goofball!!:lol::heyyou:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
My 04' did the exact same thing 2 weeks ago...fouled plug in my case. Mighta happend when you ran from the cops goofball!!:lol::heyyou:
No...I believe you only need 3 cylinders on a 10R to out run the cops....he could have had that problem before his little get away. :idea: :lol::helmet:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
howd you come to this conclusion exactly? felt it running like crap i take it. the only reason i ask is because back in the day my buddys 01 F4i was pulling fine, he took it apart for routine maintenance and found a coil had been completely shot along w the plug.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3 dont sound like 4

Guys, The bike has run perfecy up to this point. Anybody riding a 10 that cant tell the difference when a plug is fouled needsa to be riding something else. And I have another question at what mileage intervals do the 05 get valve adjustments. One dealer told me 12 k another 18 k .Good God a dealer should know. Also both said 4 hrs minimum labor on this On the plug change one said one hour labor and the other said 11/2 hours. So I will do it myself. Hopefully. :dontknow:

·
11,423 Posts
Guys, The bike has run perfecy up to this point. Anybody riding a 10 that cant tell the difference when a plug is fouled needsa to be riding something else. And I have another question at what mileage intervals do the 05 get valve adjustments. One dealer told me 12 k another 18 k .Good God a dealer should know. Also both said 4 hrs minimum labor on this On the plug change one said one hour labor and the other said 11/2 hours. So I will do it myself. Hopefully. :dontknow:
check this out for the valves man.....didn't know if you'd seen it or not but it's a damn good thread.

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61753&highlight=valve+adjustment

·
11,423 Posts
No...I believe you only need 3 cylinders on a 10R to out run the cops....he could have had that problem before his little get away. :idea: :lol::helmet:

I didn't even think about that man......i see your point.:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts