Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as another member had a bit of an incident i did as well on the 19th.
Though on the ducati thankfully as if it was one of the Kawi's i would be heartbroken and sick.
Loads of construction going on the area around my house and was riding the bikes a bit before heading out to Germany for 3 weeks, 1st in the lineup the 1098 and hit some gravel and sand on a road while on the front brakes...went down in a blaze of glory at about 35-40mph.
Bike faried really well, side fairing & tail damage, rashe lever and woodcraft rearsets.
LIke a dumb ass i was in Jeans with a textile jacket, road rash on the knee, and bit on the side and forearm...and some sersious soreness.

I truly am thankfull it was not one of the bikes i am totally in love with.

·
Registered
83 Posts
sorry to hear that glad your alright...pictures of the aftermath?

im glad to here it wasnt the 10r tho!

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Glad you're OK! Why aren't you in love w/ the 1098?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why i am not in love with her?
out of the box the suspension is the worst of any bike i have EVER ridden, front way to soft, the rear stiff even for a 240lb'er. (running a ttx shock now), front valving would be awesome for sure.
Dont get me wrong you can make the bike hustle even with the issues, but aggressive riding with soft forks & the strongest brakes ever put on a production bike does make for a confidence inspiring or safe ride.
given love the wheelies coming out of 2nd gear & 3rd gear corners hard on the gas, but it requires alot more shifting than you will do on say a 10r, but the torque is fun to play with for sure.
debating on doing a full bayliss replica in fiberglass bodywork, and a of course a front fork revalve if i keep her.
couple pics fo the bike:

·
Registered
634 Posts
I was speaking with a gentleman the other day at work and he also said his 1098 was the worst handling bike he ever had. He still has his Aprilia, Agusta, and some touring BMW.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I had my first oh shit moment on the 10 on the 19th too.

i came around a corner and there was sand everywhere. i was in the throttle and before i saw the sand, i was in a full drift while leaning. i was freaking out and stayed in the throttle as long as i could. when i finally let off, it caught traction, the rear tire hopped, it bucked my knee into the frame slider, and i rode away. the guy behind me said it was amazing. it scared me pretty good, and the black mark through the sand was pretty cool. not to mention the mess in my pants, well almost.

i am glad you are relatively unscathed

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
you're a role model for all kawi riders out there. best line i've read in a long time

"Though on the ducati thankfully as if it was one of the Kawi's i would be heartbroken and sick."

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Damn man, sorry to hear JD. Glad you are okay.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
get that duc back to sexy soon, glad your ok though, rash heals faster than broken bones.

·
GEN II Driver
2,894 Posts
doesn't look too bad. left fairing, bar end and clutch lever is the only damage i see. everything i read about all the base models are right on par with your suspension comments. great looking bike tho. glad you're ok and it wasn't the 10.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Good your ok man, the bike can be fixed even though the damage doesn't look so bad...Mostly cosmetic shit etc...

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Glad your ok JD, and the injuries were not bad. :thumbsup:

.... If you're gonna part her out you know where I'm at. :wink: .. :mrgreen:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts