Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just woundering if i drop my front sprocket to 16 tooth will i notice a large diference in low end pull

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'd say it makes a huge difference, it's like extra 20bhp on butt dyno... low end on bike is transformed, so much torque / power everywhere. Though I fitted tre at same time.

·
Registered
201 Posts
You'll definitely notice a difference by going -1 in the front. IMHO, I don't know why anyone would want to go -1 front and +2 in the rear. Especially if you put a lot of highway miles on your bike. But....It's all personal preference. I'm running -1 front now, but will prolly go back to stock front and +2 rear once I put on a new chain.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Go -1 and then get a TRE(GI pro is great: get a gear indicator too) or remove the secondaries and I think you will be pretty happy. I'd recommend a 1/5th throttle too!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Go -1 and then get a TRE(GI pro is great: get a gear indicator too) or remove the secondaries and I think you will be pretty happy. I'd recommend a 1/5th throttle too!
Yeah I went -1 front and tre (gipro) and the bike has real punch low down now..

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
You'll definitely notice a difference by going -1 in the front. IMHO, I don't know why anyone would want to go -1 front and +2 in the rear. Especially if you put a lot of highway miles on your bike. But....It's all personal preference. I'm running -1 front now, but will prolly go back to stock front and +2 rear once I put on a new chain.
I went -1/+2 and there are a lot of other members on here that did as well. I also have GiPro. My bike accelerates fast in all gears no matter what RPM. And it truley does transform the bike, I love it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I went -1/+2 and there are a lot of other members on here that did as well. I also have GiPro. My bike accelerates fast in all gears no matter what RPM. And it truley does transform the bike, I love it.

Which is why I said it's personal preference. I know there's plenty of people that go -1 & +2, but I personally don't like going 65 MPH in my top gear with the bike sounding like I need another gear. You want it geared that low, more power to ya... Just tossin' in my 2 cents.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Why change from -1 to +2 in the rear ???? Just wondering before I take the plunge on the next chain....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Why change from -1 to +2 in the rear ???? Just wondering before I take the plunge on the next chain....

Well...I like the -1 tooth up front, but feel that it's just a tad bit much with all the hi-way riding/commuting that I do on my bike. If I go back to a 17 on the front, and go +2 on the rear, the change isn't quite so drastic. They say that -1 on the front equals ABOUT a +3 on the rear. I'm sure BD or FAF knows the exact conversion...

Again...This is all personal preference. Some people love going drastic on the changes either lower or taller. I just felt the 10 came from the factory a little too tall.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you dont do alot of highways... -1f +2r is the way to go... I went -1front first... not as bad as i thought... alittle quicker... felt alot more when i went +2 in back but the highway driving isnt bad aslong as your not on it for along time.... just my 2cts...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Well...I like the -1 tooth up front, but feel that it's just a tad bit much with all the hi-way riding/commuting that I do on my bike. If I go back to a 17 on the front, and go +2 on the rear, the change isn't quite so drastic. They say that -1 on the front equals ABOUT a +3 on the rear. I'm sure BD or FAF knows the exact conversion...

Again...This is all personal preference. Some people love going drastic on the changes either lower or taller. I just felt the 10 came from the factory a little too tall.
Ahh..got it, that makes perfect sense. I'm in the same boat....I do some LD riding and commuting so if +2 in the rear isn't as drastic that may be the better option for me as well. Thanks for the info...duly noted.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys i think i will try the -1 in the front first and go from there.. i just want a little more low end power

·
Registered
251 Posts
I found the 16 tooth front conversion a bit underwhelming, it's made the bike better at lower revs, but it's not the night and day difference I'd expected. I'd be surprised if it had any effect on long distance riding, possibly fuel consumption.

·
Registered
209 Posts
you must have different / older model of butt dyno fitted :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts