Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suits for sale? Just curious what's out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'm not sure what number is the big number, I thought the big number was us. I f'd up and deleted comment...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure bro. How tall are and how much do you weigh? Im 5'10 and weigh 230

·
Registered
768 Posts
My following comments may be obvious to the OP but I hope they help someone who's new to buying leathers.

Looking for a used suit online is likely one of the more inefficient ways to acquire one. Having owned several suits from different manufacturers I've come to recognize that different brands size VERY differently. For instance, Italian clothing manufacturers tend to size small relative to American brands. Not always, but in many instances. This is the situation even for the "same" size. Furthermore, since leather stretches so much, even 2 of the exact same suits will fit differently after being broken in by different users. In addition, do you want to pay shipping on a large, bulky and heavy suit that you haven't even been able to try out yourself? The same off the shelf measurements will also be vastly different because of the length (height of rider) of the suits themselves. One brand and model's 56 might be fit for a 5'11 rider while another brand/model of 56 will be better for 6'4". That's pretty typical.

Since you live in California, you're optimally located to try and buy a used suit from Craigslist. How come you don't just go that route? You have a lot of track enthusiasts in your state and you're located near huge populations. If you want to save some money with a used suit, you're going to have to drive to various individual sellers and actually try on what they've got for sale.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My following comments may be obvious to the OP but I hope they help someone who's new to buying leathers.

Looking for a used suit online is likely one of the more inefficient ways to acquire one. Having owned several suits from different manufacturers I've come to recognize that different brands size VERY differently. For instance, Italian clothing manufacturers tend to size small relative to American brands. Not always, but in many instances. This is the situation even for the "same" size. Furthermore, since leather stretches so much, even 2 of the exact same suits will fit differently after being broken in by different users. In addition, do you want to pay shipping on a large, bulky and heavy suit that you haven't even been able to try out yourself? The same off the shelf measurements will also be vastly different because of the length (height of rider) of the suits themselves. One brand and model's 56 might be fit for a 5'11 rider while another brand/model of 56 will be better for 6'4". That's pretty typical.

Since you live in California, you're optimally located to try and buy a used suit from Craigslist. How come you don't just go that route? You have a lot of track enthusiasts in your state and you're located near huge populations. If you want to save some money with a used suit, you're going to have to drive to various individual sellers and actually try on what they've got for sale.

Thanks man I appreciate your input, but I was just trying to see what was out there I have been shopping around on CL and offer up but no dice yet. I may just pick up a sedici as I'm sort of on a budget

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have a alpinestar motegi.. used like 5 or 6 times. No rash at all, no scuffs, nothing. But i believe it's a 48us

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Thanks man I appreciate your input, but I was just trying to see what was out there I have been shopping around on CL and offer up but no dice yet. I may just pick up a sedici as I'm sort of on a budget

I had a cycle gear seduci suit, even crash tested one, it did it's job, only gripe I had was the cheap zipper I broke, took it back to cycle gear and they swapped it out with a brand new one, no questions asked (before I crash tested it)

·
Chairman of the Board
16,097 Posts
Should you decide you want new you can always contact me. :grin2:
This would definitely be my FIRST choice BY FAR. Mike is an expert at coaching you through the way different suits fit and helping to find one with the features you want as well. All this at a fantastic price. Really THE BEST option to be honest. That way you get a brandy newby suit with no possible crash compromising damage.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - your budget

2- us size is the small number of the 2.

your 230 I bet you are 46-48us...

I was looking to the $4-500 range

Yea I can squeeze into a 46 and it's a little snug if it's brand new.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,097 Posts
I was looking to the $4-500 range

Yea I can squeeze into a 46 and it's a little snug if it's brand new.

If 400 to 500 is your range then Mike is going to be able to get you into a really great suit for that price. I would call him or shoot him a pm.

·
Vendor
6,877 Posts
Do you sell custom suits or are you a retailer? Sorry I know I'm kinda new still

We do not sell custom suits, we are a site sponsor and carry some of the top brand suits.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Mike will get you something in the 500-600, if it does not fit you you just return it back, all the tabs of course until you get the correct one....

I have sent back and forth, between me and friends, like 20 suits, pants, jackets until we get the correct size...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts