Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given the oportunity to do about 5 free laps at a recent track day and now my competitive side is extremely unsatisfied with the small taste I was given so I want to get a suit and get back out there. I have tried on a few suits at the local shops and confirmed my suspicion that I'm not really an "off the rack" size. I'm just over 6'4" and weigh about 225-230lbs. I'm not skinny, I'd say I'm thin and fit. The 46 and I tried on was tolerable while standing if I put my nuts on one side of the crotch but the torso was too short and choked the hell outa my neck and the back was super tight while sitting in a riding position. So I'm looking for someone close to my measurements that might be getting a new suit for next year and have an older one they want to get rid of. I'd love to get a custom suit of my own but it just isn't in the budget right now. Let me know what you have. Thanks

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Im in the same boat man, I have a 44 that is brand new and my arms and chest wont fit in it, but the length is perfect. for my 5' 11" ass.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
whats too much for custom? i know a guy from another forum that sells nice custom made suits for around 500 or so.....i can shoot ya a link if ya want, im 6'6" 280 so im goin with a custom suit for next year

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats too much for custom? i know a guy from another forum that sells nice custom made suits for around 500 or so.....i can shoot ya a link if ya want, im 6'6" 280 so im goin with a custom suit for next year
I've been eye-ballin' the custom suits by PILOT. I've seen one up close in person and it's a nice suit. They also don't charge more for "extra's" like custom designs and colors or sewn on name tapes (front and back). The PILOT runs $1100 anyway you want it and when you send them the measurements they ship you a test suit so you can try it out before they sew yours up for good. And they do all that for free (including shipping). I thought that was a good deal. I'd love a custom suit for $500 but I've been warned about the quality. I'd definitely check out the link though since I'm prone to being a cheap ass lol.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i coulda sworn i just saw a groupbuy on madisonsportbikes.net for 599 for the pilots

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Im in the same boat man, I have a 44 that is brand new and my arms and chest wont fit in it, but the length is perfect. for my 5' 11" ass.
I've got a size 60 (50 US) that is just pefect for my measurements but a little long when standing up - up the bike it is perfect.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
yeah spartan is who i was refering to in my first post.....i was almost gonna buy one last year when he first started...he has made alot of upgrades since the 1st production run.......there are great reviews on the suit for sure, and plenty of crash tests

1 - 11 of 11 Posts