Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I allready have a Alpinestar Jacket Full-grain 1.1mm Italian leather construction for excellent abrasion resistance.
Anatomically designed raglan construction.
Multiple-stitched main-seam construction for maximum tear resistance.
Sleeves are pre-curved for a perfect fit in the riding position.
Removable quilted vest.
CE certified protectors.
Back protector pocket with foam back pad included.
Black/White/Red version available only as fully ventilated jacket.
Refer to the Alpinestars Jackets Sizing Chart to choose the correct size.

Quesion is should I sell the jacket and get a 1 piece siut or by a pare of Alpinestar Bat pants ?

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
jstwkd1 said:
I allready have a Alpinestar Jacket Full-grain 1.1mm Italian leather construction for excellent abrasion resistance.
Anatomically designed raglan construction.
Multiple-stitched main-seam construction for maximum tear resistance.
Sleeves are pre-curved for a perfect fit in the riding position.
Removable quilted vest.
CE certified protectors.
Back protector pocket with foam back pad included.
Black/White/Red version available only as fully ventilated jacket.
Refer to the Alpinestars Jackets Sizing Chart to choose the correct size.

Quesion is should I sell the jacket and get a 1 piece siut or by a pare of Alpinestar Bat pants ?
If they zip all the way around to join, not just the back, then pants are okay and give you options.

Track only- may as well go one piece and eliminate a possible failure point.

·
Registered
463 Posts
well the 1 peice suit is always best way to go.

I would say the only advantage from a 2 piece is that when you are taking a break from riding/racing in hot weather you can take the jacket off and cool down. but other than that go with the 1 piece. IMO

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you ride street and do long rides I would get a 2 piece. On a 300 plus mile ride, it's nice to take 45 minutes for lunch and take off your jacket.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Another vote for the 1-piece. I never liked the idea of relying on a zipper to keep your skin attached. Maybe that's just me, though.:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I think I will get a one piece as well. But I ended up getting a good deal on a set on Alpinestar Track pants. I did take a look at how they zip together. Kinda Scary actually. But they are by far better then the Levis and work boots I have been wearing. I also happened to get a great deal on a set of Alpinestar SMX Plus boots. I was off on my size calculations by a half inch.....lol But I have a very wide foot so the feel good. Just a half in to long.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd go a 1pc.. I've just put a Alpinestars MX-1 suit on order.. looks like a decent suit, and it feels awsome when you put it on... nice and snug and secure.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hell I would sell the jacket. All you need is shorts a wife beater and a nice pair of flipflops and you are good to go. And when its chilly a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt.:badteeth:

J/K I wear a two piece on the street, it is nice to be able to take a jacket off when you stop. And I have a one piece for the track(2 days and counting):mrgreen:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts