Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
I just installed the gold valves in my buddies fz8. It has non adjustable forks and Yamaha only does dampening and compression valves in one fork leg. The other fork in just a spring. But the valves made a huge difference.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm looking to upgrade my stuff with Racetech too. Are you doing it yourself or are you going to send your stuff in?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Ohlins has their Fork Piston Kit on sale $259, it comes with both compression and rebound valving. You'll save yourself some money going that way vs the Race Tech Gold Valves.

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I installed a set of Gen 1 (2005) forks on my (heavily modified) VTR1000 and had the valving re-done with some RaceTech clone valving stacks (comp and rebound, from Daugherty Motorsports). I ordered some weight specific spring (in my case 0.85 kg/mm from Sonic) as well as a set of low friction SKF seals. I got the oil specs from Jamie Daugherty (seea bove) and so far am extremely happy with the set-up. I haven't tried to really push it yet (just getting into spring here in Montreal), but the front end works very well, very responsive, solid, and predictable. Am very happy so far :)

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Thanks, that was informative.

It looks like anyone selling Ohlins is running that deal right now.

Wish I knew how how to do my own..:sad:
Thats an awesome deal on the ohlins kit!!! Even with the sponsors I paid more than that for my racetech kit. But I love my racetech forks, I have a ton of adjustment and they work perfectly. Id love to try some true ohlins forks but just cant imagine they work that much better to where I would really benifit from dropping that kind of money. Heres a how to I did a while back in case anyone wanted to give it a go themselves, it really wasnt that hard
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=102090

1 - 10 of 10 Posts