Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GEN II Driver
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
replaced the final drive today on my '04 zx6rr. was kind of fretting replacing the chain since it was my first time. the motion pro chain tool broke my old chain off with little to no effort. I was surprised at how easy it was to use and how efficiently it broke through. pressing the new chain on was a little more difficult but fairly intuitive.

the one thing that surprised me was that the ek chain i purchased didn't come with a press-on master link. mary from super-bike supply sent one with my order. if i hadn't had that master link i would have been fooked. the one that came with the chain was a retaining pin type.

now i'll run it easy for a while to ensure my rivet job holds. don't want my new chain turning into a medieval weapon and "macing" me to death as i'm getting on the power.

for anyone looking to replace a chain i recommend this product. part number from the motion pro web site: 08-0135

Attachments

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Yeah they save you some time and hassle from the dealer for sure..Love my RK chain tool, about the same thing really.

yeah always wondered why high end chains came with a clip master?

does the motion pro offer replacement parts as well?

·
GEN II Driver
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah they save you some time and hassle from the dealer for sure..Love my RK chain tool, about the same thing really.

yeah always wondered why high end chains came with a clip master?

does the motion pro offer replacement parts as well?
yep, and guess how i know why. broke the drive pin doing a bone head thing trying to break off my mountain bike chain. drive pin snapped so i had to order a new one from their website for $10. all the replacement parts for the tool were available and shipping was very timely.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Motion Pro Jumbo FTW!. The ultimate chain tool, its got some NADS!

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
now i'll run it easy for a while to ensure my rivet job holds. don't want my new chain turning into a medieval weapon and "macing" me to death as i'm getting on the power.

:lol:

I also have the Motion Pro tool and agree it worked great. Money well spent in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Motion Pro has quite a few tools that are on my wish list... it's just that every time I go to buy one I second-guess the purchase because I feel like I won't get so much use out of it... even though I know that's dumb.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
I got an RK kit. Love it.
I've helped about 3 others at this point letting them borrow it so it's getting used like it should be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts