Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gona try a new rear gear fri night.im 11inches over stock,1 down 4up with a 180 shinko.ran a 5.92 @118 with a 1.43 60ft last sunday with only 2 up in the rear.just interested to c what u guys are doin with yours:thumbsup:

·
T Double D
870 Posts
im nothing over only -1 down in front and went 6.02 at our 1/8th 1.44 60ft stock heighth stock wheelbase

·
Registered
65 Posts
'05 with 6" over bolts ons. Slip on, no PC, secondary flys still in, lowered front and rear. 15/44 sprockets. Just started messing with the bike but was able to run a 6.23 with a crappy 1.63 short time. I kept bumping the rev limiter- i need a shift light. Got to work on my launch too, was hoping for high 5's/low 6's.

·
Registered
344 Posts
gona try a new rear gear fri night.im 11inches over stock,1 down 4up with a 180 shinko.ran a 5.92 @118 with a 1.43 60ft last sunday with only 2 up in the rear.just interested to c what u guys are doin with yours:thumbsup:
if your just running the 1/8, gear down some more it will help you get out of the hole better , i think if i remember right i had a 15 45 and ran low 5.8s @ 122-123 mph just under 600 lbs

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if your just running the 1/8, gear down some more it will help you get out of the hole better , i think if i remember right i had a 15 45 and ran low 5.8s @ 122-123 mph just under 600 lbs
hell yea,thats what i was thinkin..i knew a guy that had that gearing and ran high 5.7x's..i went out fri night but the track was shit so i had to lose some air pressure.couldnt seem to get outa the 5.9x's

·
Registered
1,186 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
11 over is to much. That is a lot of spinning! The 15 sprocket will make you spin more. If you have the adjustable swingarm shorten it about 3 to 4 inches. This is give you a better hole shot with less spinning. When your swing arm is over 6 inches with a bike that makes les 180than hp. Then there are clutch hand opportunities. Try what I mention it will out best for you.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
11 over is to much. That is a lot of spinning! The 15 sprocket will make you spin more. If you have the adjustable swingarm shorten it about 3 to 4 inches. This is give you a better hole shot with less spinning. When your swing arm is over 6 inches with a bike that makes les 180than hp. Then there are clutch hand opportunities. Try what I mention it will out best for you.

who said anything about spinning?my setup is dead on and hooks everytime.i run consistant 1.4x 60ft's.hell turns out i was runnin a 14-43,my mechanic had a 14 tooth on it n i didnt know.now i think its gona be getting the suspension to wrok for me.i out 60'ed every bike i lined up with today...busa's,gixxers,a zx-14...:hello:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You are 11 over with no spinning? What do you weigh and how much juice?? The gearing 14/43 is a helleva hole shot. Your weight must be in the 250 plus range?

·
Registered
235 Posts
My bike is 10 over and I can't get a good 60. My tire pressure is 20lbs, 16-42 gears and I weigh 167lbs. My best 60 is a 1.59 leaving at 8500rpms. I think a lot of mine is due to clutch cause I know I'm not spinning. I've watched the playback and also looked at the track where I left, I am hooking but just not leaving.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My bike is 10 over and I can't get a good 60. My tire pressure is 20lbs, 16-42 gears and I weigh 167lbs. My best 60 is a 1.59 leaving at 8500rpms. I think a lot of mine is due to clutch cause I know I'm not spinning. I've watched the playback and also looked at the track where I left, I am hooking but just not leaving.

loose some tire pressure and launch about 6500,im completely off the clutch by 60ft easily

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

i weigh 185 and tire pressure varies on conditons

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
and no gas,the bottle u see is for the air shifter.did i mention its a ebay motor:thefinger
look close and you can see im already off the clutch

·
Registered
235 Posts
yeah i was thinking the other night that leaving at a higher rpm is hurting me more then helping. I know i need new clutch plates and to put stiffer springs in. But as far as being on the clutch im off it by 30-40 feet out

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Off topic for a quick second, it looks like you are wearing a summer jacket, jeans, skate shoes, no chain guard and have your visor up while racing at a NHRA member track. Am I missing something or do they just completely disregard all NHRA safety rules? Also curious what track that is?

Back on topic, what kind of suspension set-up are you running? Stock shock? What settings? Strut?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I also wear a leather jacket with jeans and tennis shoes. anyways, I have a stock rear shock and its set to stiff/stiff. I forgot what my front is set at but the forks are run 1.5" up the triple tree and strapped.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts