Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
home depot, pluming section. :lol: I don't mean any offense but $25 for a piece of plastic that you can cut and make yourself for less then $2 is a little ridiculous.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was satisfied with my purchase. Even knowing i could have made it myself for a fraction of the cost. It's well worth the $25 IMO

·
Registered
388 Posts
I was satisfied with my purchase. Even knowing i could have made it myself for a fraction of the cost. It's well worth the $25 IMO
don't get me wrong, I purchased one from him and was impressed by the craftsmanship and presentation, but when I wanted one for my 6R I just went on down to HD.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
very simple to make, but I can see why someone would
rather not mess with it.

$25 seems high but honestly, if I were making, selling,
shipping and supporting these things. I would charge $25
also.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
is this mod worth it? especially for street riding?
IMO Yes, it's worth it.

I have the one that I made off right now. It worked
great, but screwed up my wheelies. I don't wheelie
all the time, but I really didn't want to wind up on my
ass either.

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
home depot, pluming section. :lol: I don't mean any offense but $25 for a piece of plastic that you can cut and make yourself for less then $2 is a little ridiculous.
can you give a list of parts and tools- what size pipe? and maybe a little how to...i dont really understand how it works:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
can you give a list of parts and tools- what size pipe? and maybe a little how to...i dont really understand how it works:dontknow:

I machined nylon for a custom fit for this one in the
pic.

The simple way with basic tools...

The 08 throttle tube measured right at 1 3/8".

Find a some PVC with that inside diameter
(give or take 1/8")

Cut the width to match throttle tube. bandsaw,
hacksaw, etc. and sand it to smooth rough edges

Cut enough of the PVC "ring" out to fit around
where the throttle cables connect to the throttle
tube. Taper the edges.

I used set screws to secure insert, but superglue
would probably work fine.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i have brought about 3 or 4 off him now for various bikes at work, i usally just send a paypal through to [email protected] (with a capital R) for $25 usd and put in the description what bike i want it for, it shows up spot on every time and within a week (not bad considering i'm on the other side of the planet).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts